Good Bye Strainer,Hello Blender!

bathoria
on 12/8/11 1:37 pm - San Antonio, TX
I thought this day was never going come lol I am finally starting my purees after 4 weeks in liquids pre op 2 and post op 2 as well. I am excited to use my blender 
for something else that is not protein shakes LOL I know people asked this question before but I would like to see how your menu consisted when you were in puree diet?
Like any ideas besides tuna,green beans,refried beans? I am quiet confused about the amounts I am suppose to start eating. I will see my surgeon tomorrow so I will ask him as well but I want different opinions to have some more ideas :) TIA my lovely sleeve sisters ^_^ 

kimbethin
on 12/8/11 2:06 pm - CA
I had any canned veggie- they are pretty soft ant the nut said ok.  A lot of tuna salad.  Chunky sirloin burger soup, with most of the broth drained.  I know it doesn't sound great, but I loved it.  yogurt, creamed soups.  I thought I would try mashed potatoes but I never did.  Good luck, it's so nice to get off of the liquids
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Tina C.
on 12/8/11 9:45 pm - Stacy, MN
Thanks for the great ideas!  My surgery is next week so it will be a while before I am on soft foods but nice to know.  One question, did you mix your tuna with mayo?  How many meals do you get out of one can of chunky soup? 

mandyc1975
on 12/8/11 10:56 pm - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
a lot of people on here mix tuna with greek yogurt for the lower calories and for the protein. I don't like greek yogurt and I figure with the amount I'm eating, a little mayonaise is fine. And just guessing, I would probably get atleast 4 meals out of a can of chunky soup. Probably more. I never really ate soup after the broth stage because I prefer to eat only protein and most soups have veggies. I drink a 5.5 oz V8 daily to get some veggies in.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Tina C.
on 12/8/11 11:37 pm - Stacy, MN
good to know.  Thanks for sharing!  I love v8 so that is good, I will forsure do that.  How soon were you able to do the v8?  Yes, the protein is the main thing I will focus on also.  How are you doing?  When was your surgery?  Did you have alot of gas/pain?  How soon before you feel a little better?  I have a flight of stairs and a really high bed so I am wondering if that will be a problem at first?  I have my surgery class today so I will ask that as well at the class...I worry too much about every little thing!

kimbethin
on 12/10/11 10:27 am - CA
I still mix tuna with light mayo, just enough to moisten it.  I can't remember ho many meals from a can of soup but it must have been 2 or 3.  I used slotted spoons to pull out the meat and veggies And just put a little bit of broth in the bowl.  Just take it slow, you don't want too much at a time in your new sleeve.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
carrierae
on 12/8/11 2:31 pm - WA
made a batch if lasagna without noodles. it is so f ing good and good protein. Also refried beans with cheese and ssour cream in them. I am only a couple days ahead of you so I haven't gotten too creative. I made enough lasagna to last for awhile.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

katier825
on 12/8/11 6:07 pm
My favorite was my home made chicken pie, minus the crust. Any meat/gravy would also work. You just want to be sure it's moist enough to get down.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views