Exercising... bummer!

Val G.
on 12/9/11 5:18 am - NV
I am bad at exercising but know that I have to get my @$$ in gear!  How often is everyone exercising and what are you doing?

Thanks! 
Val  

"Turns out is not where but who you're with that really matters!"  
~ Dave Matthews

DragonGirl
on 12/9/11 5:58 am - MN
I'm excersising 2 to 3 times a week. I do weight lifting and cardio about every other day.
I can't stress how important I think the weight lifting is! It changed my body definition a ton I think!
Cardio for me is either the treadmill or a stationary bike. Too many years of being heavy has left me with a bad knee so Zumba and other high impact stuff is out.

In the summer I love kayaking! Try and find fun things to do so it doesn't feel like work. In a cold climate...cross country skiing...downhill skiing...ice skating..

Get out there and try new things...you'll love it!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
tillmadd
on 12/9/11 6:02 am - WI
 Since i am only 4 weeks out I am doing the treadmill for 45 minutes 3-4 days per week...doc said no weightlifting or other machines for 3 more weeks.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

wls2011
on 12/9/11 6:51 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I aim for 5x a week to get myself to the gym, but at the minimum 3x....I always do weightlifting full body one hour workouts twice a week and other days...I add in 30-60 minutes of cardio (usually elliptical or treadmill).

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

vinnymac
on 12/9/11 7:13 am - Mobile, AL
I go 5 to 6 days a week but no less then 4 days a week I have been doing that sence 1 month after my WLS.I have change my workout so mean times that keep your body confussed. At frist I was going early morning doing 30 to 45 min of cardio then going to work and doing weight training after work I lost alot like this. Then I started weight training in the morning and cardio in the evening. now i do 10 mins cardio weight train, 10 more mins cardio more weights 10 more mins cardio and more weights then a 10 min cool down on the spin bike for a total of all most 2hrs. But if I don't I fill like ****

Vinny Mac

Vinny Mac

infodiva808
on 12/9/11 8:28 am
The best exercise is something you enjoy because then you will do it. I enjoy the water because I hate to sweat. I go every day for an hour of aqua jogging, aerobics, and /or pilates, mixing it up for variety. By now I can't imagine missing more than a day. My body loves it! I have nice looking arms (if you don't look at the bat wings), awesome abs, and my legs which are my heaviest area are shaping up too.

abrown8434
on 12/9/11 12:20 pm - VA
On average 5 days a week for a total of 6 plus hours a week. I currently do Water Aerobics, Water Zumba and freestyle dancing.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Lynnww666
on 12/9/11 1:46 pm - Canada
 I hate to exercise too but I have found Zumba to be a lot of fun ... if I don't worry too much about getting all the steps right and concentrate on just moving around to some GREAT music. I actually enjoy the sessions though they are a real workout. 
I also do aquacizes twice a week and no matter what anyone says, if you put a lot into it you do get results without the pain on knees and such.
Just my two cents worth.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

vacationlover
on 12/9/11 8:55 pm
bunnymom
on 12/9/11 10:24 pm
6 hours of Zumba per week, one of those hours is Zumba toning with weights. To me, Zumba is not exercise, but just dancing to incredible rhythms.
Bunnymom            
Most Active