One-year Anniversary w/PICS!

cabcab
on 12/21/11 6:44 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with

I guess if there is any one thing I could say is negative it’s that I’ve spent more money on clothes and shoes in the last few months than I’ve spent on them in over the last five or more years combined. SHOES!!!! I forgot how much I love them!! This fall I have bought five pairs of boots/booties! JEANS!! Boot cut jeans, skinny jeans, I love them all!! For the past few years all I’ve worn are the cotton, stretchy, elastic-waist pants from the Roaman’s website with big shirts. I think I thought they were hiding me. NO MORE!! I wear tight jeans, fitted shirts and boots! Let’s face it, boots didn’t go with the cotton pants, so I’m making up for lost time. But it’s so nice to enjoy clothes, fashion and shopping again. So I really don’t consider the shopping thing a negative. It’s definitely a positive!! Oh yeah, I called and told them to stop sending me the Roaman’s catalog!

Last week I went somewhere where I saw several people who had not seen me since September 2010, nor did they have a way of knowing about my weight loss. So in other words, I showed up unannounced, weighing 150 pounds less than the last time they saw me. Most kind of looked at me like, "Hmmm, where do I know her from...?" And then you could see the light turn on. One of them totally didn’t recognize me, she sat there while I was talking to other people and I was even thinking it was a little rude that she didn’t say hi. But after about 20 minutes she stood up and screamed, "Oh my God! I finally figured out who you are!!" And she gave me a big hug. It was really cool!!

Anyway, I have no regrets about my surgery. I guess I could say that not having done it sooner is a regret, but I truly believe I did it when I was supposed to. Divine intervention even. Last year I weighed 335 and now I’m down a little under 180. If losing 156 pounds in a year isn’t divine intervention, I don’t know what is!!

My deepest thanks to everyone on this forum for all of your support, advice, inspiration, NSV’s, etc. There are doctors, nurses, nutritionists and psychologists, but nothing compares to the real world experience and advice that you get from this forum. It’s been amazing!

Before (November 2010) - I'm the one on the left

A couple of days ago

I remember I used to look at the before and after pictures in amazement wondering if I could really be one of those success stories.  I'm not all the way there yet, but I'm close.  I love my sleeve!!

HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

ms_smiles
on 12/21/11 6:47 am
You look great!!! Congrats:)

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

Arianasmama
on 12/21/11 6:52 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Inspirational!  Keep up the good work.
Be Blessed            
ginag70
on 12/21/11 7:06 am
WOW! U look fantastic!
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 7:08 am - CA
Wow very nice!
Siui80
on 12/21/11 7:10 am
 Congratulations! Thanks for inspiring us newbies!
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 7:17 am
Fantastic and inspiring!
LaToya S.
on 12/21/11 7:17 am - Edwardsville, IL
I had to get my son to pick my jaw up off the floor---you look amazing!
Keep up the good work, love reading these types of post

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Greg M.
on 12/21/11 7:39 am - Cincinnati, OH
That's terrific, I'm very happy for you!  Thanks for sharing your story and being an inspiration to us all.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

KSqtpie
on 12/21/11 7:45 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
What an amazing transformation!!! You are an inspiration!
Most Active