One Year Follow-Up

Donnie4strings
on 12/23/11 7:57 am, edited 12/23/11 8:05 am - MI
 What a difference a year can make!!  On December 22, 2010, I had surgery that has changed, and probably saved my life.  I started a journey toward weight loss surgery at 446 pounds.  Today, I weighed in at 307.  While I still have a way to go to reach my goal, I could not be happier with the results so far.  Let's just break it down a little.  Besides the 140 pound (I know, it's only 139 but I'm claiming 140!! It's easier to say) I am now wearing pants that are 12 sizes smaller, (I can actually buy them off the shelf now)  Shirts from 4X to 2X, I stopped blood pressure medicine about 8 weeks after surgery, (for the first time in 30 years. Literally)  I am no longer considered pre-diabetic, I no longer need to use the C-Pap machine (the apnea is better).  I can walk greater distances and go up stairs and still be able to breathe when I'm done. I can bend over to tie my shoes,  I have a brighter outlook these days.  What was years of funk, and feeling bad, with a grave outlook, has been replaced with a hope for the future.  I can honestly say, while not without issues, having this surgery is the best thing I could have done for myself, and more importantly, for my family.  Merry Christmas, and here's to a whole lot more of them!!   Check out the pics in my profile.....

Donnie

M. Nguyen
on 12/23/11 8:23 am - TX
congratulations donnie! you look great!

ruggie
on 12/23/11 8:24 am - Sacramento, CA
Man, what a terrific amount of success - congratulations to you, and keep on trucking!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MargeAD
on 12/23/11 8:58 am - CA
Congratulations! You have done so well. Happy holidays to you and your family.
(deactivated member)
on 12/24/11 12:16 am
You look great! I love your enthusiasm! Keep it up and you will be at goal in no time! Happy Holidays!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views