Tradition

A_NewFuture
on 12/24/11 11:38 pm - Saginaw, MI
 I am Mexican-American, and if you know anything about us, you will know in the Christmas season, Tamels!! are a MUST , I usually make dozens, for not only me and my household, but for my brothers, well this year I refuse to even try because of the temptation, but because it is a tradition. I have had some family members, drop me off, a dozen here a dozen there, they mean well. Well I could b4 eat a dozen by myself, not proud to say so, but the most I ate was a half of one, which is like eating a half of chip  so not to hurt no ones feelings and keep up with making sure my favorite brother Carlos still had his tamels I handed them all over to him, which made me happy. As for the famous Christmas cookies, I was able to stay away from them as well, this I am proud to say, and know only bc of God helping me I was able to do so. So our tradition lives on, and so do I.
God Bless ya all on this Blessed day! Merry Christmas
Raquel Angel Paramo

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Mike B.
on 12/25/11 1:20 am
Way to go Raquel, I know that traditions will be one of the hardest obstacles to jump over. However,it sounds like you were able to pull this one off. I loved how you received the tamales, then handed them right over to your brother, smooth move on your part.
Merry Christmas and have a blessed 2012,
Mike.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

A_NewFuture
on 12/25/11 2:31 am - Saginaw, MI
Thanks Mike I thought that was the best way to do it get that temptation out of my face! hahahaha So I shot 2 birds with one stone! Hope you have a blessed Christmas you and your family and I hope you are doing well as well. And if you have any advice that could be helpful I am always willing and able to use it.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

abrown8434
on 12/25/11 3:47 am - VA
Way to go Raquel! That can be one of the hardest part of the holidays--traditions. People don't understand why you're not polishing things off the way you use to and the way they are able to. They especially don't understand how I could be happy not eating this or that or just eating a few bites and I'm done.

I really love my sleeve and all that I am able to do and now able to choose NOT to do! Keep rocking your sleeve and may you and yours have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

A_NewFuture
on 12/26/11 1:43 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thanks ABrown most of my family knows about my surgery and especially my brother Carlos as he and my sister were the two that went with me during the surgery and have been my full support since  so he is always glad to take that tempting good tasting food off my hands haha I'm still on a little bit of a learning curve with my sleeve but I am learning and I now know how much I can eat and what my sleeve doesn't exactly like haha. Hope you had a Blessed Christmas!

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views