Has anyone had trouble with Crystal lite?

2muchfluff
on 12/31/11 10:36 am, edited 1/23/12 12:56 am
deleted

Maria P.
on 12/31/11 10:52 am
VSG on 01/09/12
I have not been sleeved yet but I have GERD, and basically anything acidic can trigger a gastritis attack. I would imagine that lemonade crystal light has citric acid or something equally acidic, so your best bet would be to cut it out and see if your stomach feels better. It takes a few days on the protonix before the inflammation subsides. Other triggers for me are tomatoes (which I love so much!), black coffee, orange juice, and alcohol.
5'3"  Age 38

HW: 216
Month 1: 20.6
vocalcoach
on 12/31/11 10:58 am - MD
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the citrus but with has everything to do with the ASPARTAME used to sweeten it!!  It's one of the worst sweeteners out there and causes enormous GI stress to the body!  My doctors have always told me to avoid it like the plague!!  Hard to do as almost EVERYTHING that is SUGAR FREE or LOW/REDUCED sugar is sweetened with it!! 

Search out anything you can that's sweetened with Stevia or Truvia!  They are natural sweeteners and I LOVE THEM!  I use the CRYSTAL LIGHT PURE (it comes in 5 or 6 different flavors) which is made with Truvia instead of aspartame!!  I have Chron's disease and this works great for me!!

Hope you find the best "fit" for you!!!

HW- 315
SW- 286
CW- 274
GW- 160

2muchfluff
on 12/31/11 11:32 am
 Just read the ingredient label and citirc acid was listed first, so that tells me a lot.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 4:40 pm
Crystal Light lemonade, raspberry lemonade give me acid issues. I like the flavor and it wasn't an issue really before surgery, but after surgery I put a crystal light stick into a bottle of water. Upset my stomach so quickly I didn't bother finishing the bottle. I got reflux within minutes. Must be the citric acid.
ready2Bhealthy2
on 12/31/11 9:40 pm
I switched to Ocean Spray packets after surgery due to the crystal light being too "strong" or acidic for my new stomach.  Best of luck!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
smbergie200
on 12/31/11 10:25 pm - Naples, FL
I avoid artificial sweeteners. They are pretty much poison. Water really is the best choice. I know thats really not what you want to hear, but its the truth.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

2muchfluff
on 1/1/12 7:26 am
Most Active