Almost there thanks to my new friends....

2muchfluff
on 1/6/12 2:00 am, edited 1/6/12 2:41 am
As most of us, I have been battling constipation practically from day one. Particularly, in my case since I have also had bouts of hypothyroidism. I have tried almost every combination of things known to man to try to get this resolved, as I have noticed that when I get things going, so to speak, the weight loss improves.
I did some research and discovered ground flaxseed. I first tried the brown, but was a little put off by the taste (like oil based paint) because flaxseed is linseed (the oil that is put in oil based paint). I couldn't make myself eat it every day because of the aftertaste. So I tried a small bottle of the golden flaxseed. It is delicious! It helps with constipation, naturally, is low carb, and it is a wonderful source of Omega oils. Plus it is high in B vitamins, which is what I was lacking since I no longer eat bread or any other grains on a regular basis due to my carb intolerance.
I also found defatted peanut flour, which can be purchased without the added sugar and salt. It is identical to PB2, except it does not have any added sugar or salt. It is also way cheaper. The brand I found is Protein-Plus Peanut flour. I put in a dash of salt and my own sweetener and mix in a little water and you have peanut butter without the fat.

I start out with 2 Tablespoons (15g) of ground golden flaxseed, to this I mix in 1/4 cup (30 g) of peanut flour, a dash of salt, one packet of splenda, mix well then add enough water to get to the consistency of peanut butter. You can eat this as is, or you can mix in some sugar free syrup or whatever else you enjoy with your peanut butter. You can also add these items to your foods or shakes. Another variation is to add some cocoa to the dry ingredients and an extra packet of sweetener and you have a yummy peanut butter and chocolate treat.
It tastes great, is very nutritional (16g protein in the peanut flour) and best of all, I go to the bathroom every day!!! This is a first since surgery over a year ago, so I am really excited about it. I eat this as a meal and it is very filling and long lasting. I have been using the flaxseed for a little over a month and it has really helped with getting off those last few pounds.
I do also take two colace per day, but they are absolutely no help without the flaxseed.

Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to share these amazing results with something that is so good for you.

jengo1971
on 1/6/12 2:06 am
Where do you find these item that you speak of my friend?  Thanks!  ~Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
2muchfluff
on 1/6/12 2:15 am, edited 1/6/12 2:16 am
 You can buy ground golden flaxseed online or I got a small bottle just to try it out at GNC.  The flaxseed has to be ground to get the benefits from it.  If it is whole, it just passes right through.  You can buy it whole and grind it yourself.  The peanut flour I got from amazon.com but you can order it direct from the manufacturer at proteinplusflour.com.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views