So Hungry I just want to sleep through it!

Softballgal73
on 1/7/12 9:51 am
Has anyone ever been so hungry on post op liquids that you just want to sleep so you don't have to deal with the constant insatiable hunger???? I'm there! 3 more days to go~
Greg M.
on 1/7/12 10:02 am - Cincinnati, OH
Yes, I went through that at Christmas surrounded by the best food ever.  It was very difficult.  I doubled up on my pain medicine and drified off in my own little world.  Hang tough, you'll make it!

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Gityup7
on 1/7/12 10:40 am - CA
Yep, late nights can be bad for me. I try to read myself to sleep or drink half a protein shake.

loser2be
on 1/7/12 11:19 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
 Omg that is scary I thought I might be a little hungry but this sounds dreadful
LaToya S.
on 1/7/12 11:32 am - Edwardsville, IL
Oh Lord yes! All I wanted to is sleep and after surgery too!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

hollykim
on 1/7/12 12:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Insatiable hunger can also be caused from excess acid even if you don't feel it. Are you on a PPI like Nexium? If not call and ask for one,if you are you might need an extra dose or a change to another one.
GL

Softballgal73
on 1/8/12 2:25 am
So that kind of blows my theory out of the water. I have been on Protonics 1 daily. It seems that after I take it, I get hungrier than before. Thought about taking it at bedtime because of that.
hollykim
on 1/8/12 7:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Maybe not. Are you meaning Protonix? if that is what you mean and you are "more" hungry after you take  it then I would say that one  just isn't working for you. I would ask for Nexium or something else before I would assume it wasn't acid.

Also have you lost your gallbladder? My gastro put me on Carafate three times a day at nearly two years post op and 2.5 years post losing my gallbladder because acid is not all we can reflux. we can also reflux bile,with no gallbladder to manage it and it has basically the same symptoms as acid reflux. So that is another thought.

Softballgal73
on 1/8/12 8:26 am
Yes, you are right, it is Protonix. My Dr. told me that I could try Prevacid if the my insurance wouldn't cover the Protonix, which they did. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will contact my Dr. about it if it doesn't get better when I transition to Soft foods on Tues.
Thanks
hollykim
on 1/8/12 8:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Glad to help and please keep us posted.

Most Active