Where should I be 2 months out???

ready2Bhealthy2
on 1/8/12 5:31 am
As I read the posts on here, I am noticing that people that had surgery around the same time as I did are consuming way more than I am.  I just read a post that said she eats 1400 calories.  I can barely eat 800 calories and most day I'm between 600-800.  I still am not meeting my protein requirements, I am working on finding a shake I can stomach.  I drink plenty of water and minimize my carb intake.  Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to eat more often?  Is this why I'm in a second stall and I'm barely two months out?  Pls help...

**disclaimer** I will talk to my NUT and dietician about this as well.  Thank you.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
anewsweetjessa
on 1/8/12 5:41 am - IA
 Please I beg you! w all of my heart! DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF! I actully stopped coming on here for awhile because comparing made me scale crazy. I  would  checked my weight after I had a bowl movement . Now I am 5 months out I check about once a week now which is hard still and I started losing weight one day and it just keeps coming off . It is very very hard to fail this so relax eat healthy slow and small bites and work out when you can I bet you will meet all your goals but it wont be over night I am almost 6 months out and just about to hit 100 lbs down which is amazing and not healthy so how could you compair your weight loss to mine when I am not able to take solids at 5-6 months out see each case is diffrent we all got fat on our own journey you will lose it on your own journey but we are here as supportive friends !

cbz1815
on 1/8/12 5:48 am
 Don't compare is true.   I am almost 2 months out.    I can eat about 1000 calories and so have stopped shakes because I hate them -- I use a protein bar if I'm low on getting my protein but often can just do it with high protein meals and snacks.    I've "stalled" too but I've notices a correlation between the stall and my time of the month.  After each was over I suddenly would loose 4 lbs in one day.   So perhaps it was just the cycle retaining some of the weight each month.    Don't stress - keep eating healthy, exercising and be patient.
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
LaToya S.
on 1/8/12 5:53 am - Edwardsville, IL
Just keep doing what you are doing, I agree that you can't compare your calories to someone else. You don't know HOW they are preparing thier foods so a lot could be in empty calories. If you are feeling the 'satisfied' feeling with your 600-800 calories then you keep doing just that. I consume the same as you but if I drink juice that day I will eat more and my calorie intake is higher.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

PaulaS
on 1/8/12 6:02 am - TX
At 2 months out I think I was getting all my protein in daily, but was still 600-800 calories.   I am now around 1000 calories, occasionally a little more.  
For me, there was no way I could get in more than what I was eating!   But, by around 2 - 3 months I quit the protein drinks altogether.   Have not had one since.
For some time now, if my calories are below 700 I don't feel good.   Feel really tired with no energy.   So now I always have 800 a day.   
I am 9 months out.  
You are doing great - do what is right for YOU!!!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
May D.
on 1/9/12 12:05 am
Please, please, please do not compare yourself to what others here do.  Some here lie about their weight loss, I remember seeing someone here who claimed to have lost 85 lbs. in one month and when I looked at the "before" weight it made no sense, unless she had not eaten a scrap of food in 4 weeks and even that's impossible.  

I don't know how much water you drink but maybe you could cut down some of it to fit a protein shake in your body.  The bottom line is you have to get your protein requirements in as best you can and there are plenty of alternatives out there you can do to get it in your body.  Try a protein powder you can mix with milk or try those that are already mixed. I prefer the powders, I find they taste much better and I can doctor them up to my liking.  EAT high protein foods you like, experiment with spices, etc.  

The best thing you can do is talk to your nutritionist (I refuse to call my nutritionist a NUT! LOL), but she's going to tell you to eat, eat more often and get your protein in.

rbccbrmfld
on 1/9/12 7:13 am
I had problems with protein shakes.  Did unjury for a month or two then could not handle the smell. I am now drinking premier choc premade shake. They only have 5 carbs and 30 grams protein and calories are 160.  I get them at sams but i think costco sells them too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views