"This isn't going to be NEAR enough food!"

KathyA999
on 1/16/12 10:05 am
I am amazed at how completely wrong my eyes are when it comes to assessing food volume. 

A few days ago I found quinoa spaghetti at Cost Plus World Market, so tonite I decided to make up my usual meat sauce and put it on the quinoa spaghetti.  (I should say I'm in maintenance and eat more carbs than I did during the losing phase.)  I usually use spaghetti squash with my meat sauce.

A half-cup of sauce, 2 oz. of the quinoa spaghetti in a pasta bowl, and I'm thinking, yikes that's not going to be enough!  What else do I have that I can add to my meal???

Of course, it was PLENTY, and I'm completely happy.

Object lesson?  Weigh and measure!  My head and my eyes lie to me, nearly always.  Second object lesson?  Quit when satisfied, if I'm out-and-about, or even if my measured amount happens to be too much on a teeny-sleeve day.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

ruggie
on 1/16/12 10:16 am - Sacramento, CA

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/16/12 10:22 am
I do the same thing.  I plate out my food, on a small kiddie sized plate, and immediately think, "I'm going to need more when I finish this."  And that's RARELY the case.  In fact, I usually end up leaving a little bit.

Love my sleeve!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

trayb17
on 1/16/12 10:32 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Love it! I ate 2oz of pureed chilli and I thought the same thing when I put it in my tiny bowl. Well it was more than enough and I only ate about 1 1/2 oz.!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views