I am so FRUSTRATED!!!!

Caroline K.
on 1/24/12 7:13 am - MS
Hello all. I had my pre-op EGD today and the doc found that I have stomach ulcers and delayed my surgery for about 8-10 weeks. This is just unreal. I have jumped through hoops backwards to get approved and now this.  I am just so ready to have my sleeve.  This just disappoints me to no end. Just hoping I can have it sometime in April. My birthday is on the 8th and it would be great to have it around that time. For now I am on bland foods and PPI 2x a day.
trayb17
on 1/24/12 7:17 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Oh no...I am really sorry your surgery has to be delayed but it is best to make sure you go into surgery in optimal condition. I know it is a big disappointment though! I hope you heal up quickly and get your nice new sleeve for your birthday!!

foodlover
on 1/24/12 7:22 am
I think it's good they are looking out for you and being as careful as possible. 
Caroline K.
on 1/24/12 7:27 am - MS
I know my doc is just being careful and heaven forbid he went on ahead and did surgery and then end up with an emergency on our hands. I trust him and I know this is what's best for me. Just very frustrated/disappointed it's being delayed.
princessleah613
on 1/24/12 8:31 am - PA
VSG on 01/19/12
 I REALLY understand you!!!! The exact thing happened to me. I was supposed to have  my sleeve in October, and they found ulcers during my endoscopy.  But guess what?! I am finally sleeved! I had to wait, and I know it's frustrating but it is well worth the wait!  I am only 5 days out of surgery, and in some pain, but begining to feel better!  The time will pass by so fast! Enjoy this time now, and the day will come before you know it!

Aussie_in_India
on 1/24/12 9:10 am - India
Hi - exactly the same happened to me, was meant to have surgery 2 weeks ago, was admitted overnight for all of my pre-op, had every test under the sun and then the very last thing was the endoscopy which showed an ulcer. Two weeks of antibiotics to fight the H. Pylori (sp?), start the PPI tomorrow. Surgery rescheduled for 6 February, subject to the all clear next Friday. While it ie soooo frustrating, I agree, the doctor dealt with it really well and I want everything on my side for a good outcome. The only 'problem' I have had with the treatment is a dreadful bitter taste in my mouth, which can be a side effect of the medication.

Psychologically it has been hard, because I was committed to that date, and we have had a number of social functions since ( I have minimal pre-op diet), so am going back through getting psyched up for next week. Good luck!
Long2bLittle
on 1/24/12 9:25 am - Wayland, MI
DS on 04/17/12
I'm new to here and just learning about everything "WLS" so I apologize for the silly questions... but what is the EGD and also what is PPI.  Abbreviations are so confusing sometimes!

I also am sorry you are frustrated with your surgery being delayed.  I would probably be the same way.  I look at it this way, most of us have be overweight or even obese for a long time.  In the big picture those extra weeks will only be a flash of time once you are your slim and trim new you!

Good luck hope your healing go well and goes by quickly for  you.
Caroline K.
on 1/24/12 10:20 am - MS
EGD is an esophagogastroduodenoscopy also known as an upper endoscopy. The doc looks down your throat into your stomach and makes sure you don't have anything wrong down there and a PPI is a proton pump inhibitor like prilosec or protonix. No question is a bad question. If you don't ask you don't know.
I am glad I am not alone with this. Thanks for helping me feel better.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views