Bowel problems constipation then diarrhea

camietam
on 1/26/12 9:41 am - Ceres , CA
Yesterday I had been constipation for a week then I took a gel capsule stool softener which caused acid pain and in about 3 1/2 hours diarrhea. In the mean time abdominal discomfort. Today having abdominal pain then more diarrhea. I took Maalox and Reglan medication then I felt better. Eating the same thing everyday no major change. I am 2 months out and wondering if this is normal for another VSG?
Camie

Greg M.
on 1/26/12 10:24 am - Cincinnati, OH
It seems like many folks have trouble transitioning from puree to solid food.  Is that your situation?  I'm 5 weeks out and still having bathroom issues off and on.

I have found that a eating just one or two prunes daily keeps things regular.  Milk of Magnesia works well in extreme cases.  Why are you on Reglan?  Lots of people have issues with Reglan.  Hope you are feeling better. 

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

MargeAD
on 1/26/12 10:33 am - CA
I seem to have finally found the right "recipe" for me. A minimum of 64 ounces water, 2 fish oil tablets & 3 fiber tablets per day. Constipation sucked!

nctr
on 1/26/12 10:44 am - KY
I hope things level out for you.  I take Reglan now for gastroparesis.  I hope after the sleeve, I can go off of it.

Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/12 11:05 am
I only have solid stools if I eat more carbs than I would like.  If I stay under 60 carbs, I have very unpredictable, liquid, bowels. It has slowed my weight loss for the last 4 weeks.
Kelly L.
on 1/26/12 2:14 pm
You may need a probiotic to get things back to normal. I had a problem with this for a while and probiotics seemed to help. Also, magnesium supplement daily keeps me fairly regular with no constipation. You can get either at Walmart or anywhere over the counter.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views