100 pounds in 7 months

No More Spanx
on 1/30/12 1:53 am - Rock Island, IL
I made goal and earned my Century Club card today.  I began my journey on June 1, 2011 with the 10-day pre-op diet.  I lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet. I managed to lose the remaining 88 pounds over the next 7 months.  I weigh 135 today and went from a size 20-22 to a size 6 pants and small shirts.  I am 47 and so droopy skin is there but not too bad.  I started losing my hair at 4 months and am still losing it.  The shedding is not a bad thing for me as I have very thick hair, but based on others, I imagine that it will slow down in my 8th or 9th month. 

I only just began exercising to see if I can give that skin something to drape over.  I decided to only focus on weight loss first.  The reason I did this was because MY usual MO was to start exercise, hurt myself, and then say f*%$k it to the diet and everything (I have always been an all or nothing kind of gal).   In this journey, I have really tried to be mindful of my triggers for weight loss failure and do the opposite.  I don't recommend not exercising, but it worked for me.

The secret for me to a fast loss was to NOT THINK too much.  The idea for me was to stick to this long enough in order to develop NEW healthier habits.  I followed my doctors eating plan 100%:

600-800 Cals
64 oz water minimum
60-80g Protein
Vitamins as prescribed every day
I measure all portions and...
....I NEVER OVERATE MY SLEEVE!

With this simple formula I did not endure any long pauses, but I DID have short (1 week) pauses in my loss.  I weighed every day but I did not PANIC when I gained or the scale didn't move.  I stayed the course and put 100% faith in my doc's eating phases and plan.  I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!

It seems easy now that I look back, but realistically it was not.  I did not share my surgery with anyone. Not my children nor my family (I am divorced and kids are young).  This is something I needed to do and prove to and for myself.  My support was these boards.  By monitoring threads I was able to gage my progress as "normal".  If I wasn't sure, I would ask and I have kept an open line to Dr. Alvarez and Susan, his patient coordinator.

Thank you to all who share on these boards, vets and new sleevers alike.  I have put some before and afters in my profile.  Here is to continued support and my move to the next phase of my doctors plan....maintenance!

Ann

HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

CheeseLover
on 1/30/12 1:57 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Congrats on 100 lbs lost!
sleevegirl
on 1/30/12 2:01 am - Austin, TX
Way to go! Congrats!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Arianasmama
on 1/30/12 2:02 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Awesome!
Be Blessed            
katier825
on 1/30/12 2:11 am
Awesome job, congrats!
Happy966
on 1/30/12 2:20 am

Ann - super amazing incredible job!!  Yay for you!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/30/12 2:34 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
That is just fantastic! Way to rock that sleeve!! 
1london
on 1/30/12 2:42 am
So happy for you, you have done a fantastic job!!!! :)

RyanJS
on 1/30/12 3:03 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
WOW! That is great! You have really got to be proud of what you have done for yourself. Thanks for sharing

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Crssybear
on 1/30/12 3:07 am - TX
So awesome!  Congrats on making goal!!  Such an inspiration.  I'm hoping I can hit 100 lbs by my 7 month too!  I'm right on track for it!

5'1"  28
HW:247 SW:235 GW:125
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views