Week 5 Post Op, what was your experience like?

Softballgal73
on 1/31/12 3:55 am
Looking for someone *****members what Week 5 was like for them?

How much could you eat? What were you eating? How did it feel when you ate? Any problems you had? Just wondering how much of what I'm experiencing is normal?

Thanks in advance.

Sara R.
on 1/31/12 5:28 am
im 5 weeks out now. I can eat about 1/2 to 3/4 cup at a time as long as i sit down and eat my serving. I get a full feeling when im almost to the top, My stomach feels a little bit fuller. if i snack instead i tend to feel sick and eat too much which causes me to vomit. i also get a hiccup a few minutes after im done eating which alerts me that im done done for that meal. but i have to eat slowly and pay attention to it or ill miss it... and i have before.

What are you experiencing?

buttercupnectar
on 1/31/12 5:33 am
That was just about 2 weeks ago for me.  I was loving refried beans with a little lowfat cheese and sour cream at that point (soft foods only)  I would be stuffed after 3 bites of meat.  I am still sipping my liquids or get pain and gurgling.  I was not nor still tolerating eggs at all.  I could eat about 1/4 cup to almost 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, tuna salad, and chicken salad.  At 6 weeks I started making my own crab cakes without all the tons of bread crumbs and additives in store bought ones with really crab meat.  Also, at five weeks I found that my seafood counter at Publix carries the very good surimi snow crab leg meat (artificial) and that 3 of those would be a meal for me.  Those were very gentle on my tummy.  I also enjoy steamed shrimp with a little ****tail sauce at week 6.  Every breakfast is a protein shake for me rather than food. This starts me out with 33 grams of protein before 9 a.m.

Good luck and each weeks you get more comfortable with your sleeve and a little more adventurous with healthy foods.  I still don't have veggies or fruit cause I am concentrating on Protein protein protein.  I also go to the gym 4 days a week and walk 2 days a week.

sharnelle78
on 1/31/12 6:18 am
 I am 5 weeks now. I also can eat about a 1/2 cup when I eat slow and am sitting down. I can see now why they say it should take about 30 mins to eat, because if i try to eat faster i pay for later with feeling sick. I 'm on soft foods until 2/4 and then I go to a 1200 cal diet, which is going to be super hard for me. Some of the foods I'm eating now are fish, thin baked chicken, cottage cheese, can peaches, eggs, and tuna. I tried cereal today with no problems too. 
I think my biggest problem is the protein shakes. I have tried different ones and they all make me gag.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views