Pregnant and nervous

ArmyWifeandMommy
on 2/4/12 5:14 am
So I am about 7 weeks pregnant with our 4th child.  First one after VSG.  I am a year out and was cleared by my doctors to get pregnant so all is good.  Here is why I am nervous....I am able to eat.  A lot.  I have noticed I can eat a ton more then normal.  I have not gained any weight yet although sadly being my 4th kid I am already showing and look fatter:(  I have not been excersizing since my energy is zapped and I have a 5, 3 and 1 year old to chase.  The biggest thing I am scared about is gaining weight through my pregnancy because my restriction sucks right now.  Did anybody have this happen and did it go back to being restricted after you had the baby?  How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?  I want a healthy baby and I am really happy I can get normal calories in so I am really not worried about that.  Also was anybody able to breastfeed?  I would be sad if I could not breastfeed this baby.  Thanks.  Also pray it is a boy!!  Lol.  We have 2 girls and 1 boy and I would be a little scared to have another girl....they are so emotional!!!  Lol.

Debra P.
on 2/4/12 5:20 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Wow.. congrats. I would have waited to have surgery after I was done having kids.. but oh well. You are going to gain weight, it's unavoidable. Just eat nutritious food and discipline yourself to eat moderately.

ArmyWifeandMommy
on 2/4/12 5:23 am
Yeah actually my doctors all told me the babies would be healthier and so would I if I had the surgery first.  Which was my goal.  Plus we are not sure when we will be done having kids.  It may be awhile:)

sunnymicki
on 2/4/12 5:56 am
Kudos to you for taking the initiative to lose the weight so that you could have a healthier pregnancy and baby.   I don't think any surgeon out there would say you have to be done having children before having the VSG.

There is a poster here, you've probably seen her posts, armywife or usarmywife or usairforcewife or similar (sorry her exact screen name is escaping me but her real name is Tiffany!) who just had a baby, and she has recently posted about eating during pregnancy and what it has been like since.  It is just what you are talking about.   I bet you'd find her posts with a search about pregnancy and restriction or the sleeve.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

moonglo82
on 2/4/12 10:31 am, edited 2/3/12 10:33 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Actually, I am also deliberately waiting until a year after my sleeve to start trying to have kids. I am a type 2 diabetic, and I am hoping that the surgery will help me to gain better control of my blood sugar, which is paramount in a healthy pregnancy. The last thing I want is to feel like I am causing my child to possibly have problems later! Not that I think that way about other diabetics who get pregnant... I'm just so much harder on myself :/

Congrats Armywife :) I hope to be following in your footsteps in about a year, so I'll be following you closely if you don't mind!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

ALn0nYm0uS
on 2/4/12 5:32 am
I was 280 when I got pregnant with my 3rd. I cried. I told my doc that with my first two I gained 100 and I couldn't do that again.

What did he tell me? Protein! You cannot do no carbs, but you can get most carbs from fruit and veggies. So snack on those.

And you can still exercise

Basically same plan but increase fruits and veggies. Congrats!