Water question

Michelle T.
on 2/11/12 9:24 pm - OH
Does anyone else miss drinking water? It's been 10 months since my VSG and I still find that I cannot drink 'plain' water. It used to be the only thing I would ever drink..and I was the ultimate water chugger!  (I've never been a soda drinker, mostly water and iced tea.) I've been told by my docs to squeeze in a drop or two of lemon juice but honestly, it's just not the same. :(
..am I the only one with this issue?

m ~
Phatchick
on 2/11/12 9:29 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Michelle,

I am pre-surgery so I do not have the answer to your question. I was just blogging and said I am not afraid of the surgery but i am afraid of not being able to chug water. I am a chugger too. I also only drink water (about 3/4 of a gallon a day) and cannot imagine life without being able to that.  I have been lurking on this site for a long time and water chugging seeems to be out. I'll be interested to hear what everyone says.

Best,

Sharon
landdnurse2
on 2/11/12 10:08 pm - Midwest City, OK
I still drink plain water. No I cannot chug, but I can now take big gulps. So far I haven't had a food or beverage that I can't tolerate. Sorry for your taste changes.

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
tillmadd
on 2/11/12 10:15 pm - WI
 Water also tastes different to me...although I love crystal light plus caffiene it is awesome!!! I am having difficulty getting in more than 48-64 oz per day. Pre- surgery I could drink at least 1/2 gallon chugger per day! So sad 
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

traciez
on 2/11/12 10:22 pm - OK
VSG on 01/17/12
 I am the same way! Pre surgery i was a water chugging machine! I easily got down 100oz or more and now i cant handle it... is like it hits my stomach and says whoops sorry not here!! I'm hopin it gets better but for now im living on decaf splenda tea and crystal light 
             Tracie
~*Lifes a garden, dig it*~

Michelle T.
on 2/11/12 10:59 pm - OH
Yep Traci....my stomach says the same thing! I can NEVER get in enough liquids anymore and my 'drink of choice' is either Vitamin water, Sobe or the Walmart brand of crystal light iced tea. (crystal light is too sweet for  my pallet)
Water was so much cheaper! ;)
~

m ~
countrytat
on 2/11/12 11:07 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Hi Michelle....i am the same way, used to be a water and unsweetened iced tea chugger, and now I can still drink water, but it feels like its getting "stuck"...... Other drinks are a little better bu****er does not go down like it used to and I want to chug is sooooo bad!...You are not alone!

fullohope
on 2/11/12 11:07 pm
I was a water chugger before surgery as well. I am 5.5 months out and can drink water ,but now add a splash of apple juice (just a splash). Otherwise plain water bothers my stomach. In a pinch I can drink a glass or two of plain water but stomach prefers that splas of apple juice. Preop water was my favorite beverage. A 1 liter of apple juice that I use for adding the 'splash'lasts about a month.

I have tried adding lemon juice or calorie free flavors to water -they don't agree with me .

I drink 64 -72 oz of water per day now. Used to drink way more.my NUT said that when food intake is lowered so much post op and weight decreases , the body does not require the crazy amounts I used to drink.
Anne D.
on 2/11/12 11:42 pm
I am the opposite. Pre surgery I didn't like plain water, now I can't stand anything flavored. I can just recently drink water much faster, particularly when exercising. I am 13 mo. out. Over time things change so maybe you will eventually.

Michelle T.
on 2/12/12 12:00 am - OH
Thanks gang for your speedy replies!
I never thought of adding a splash of apple juice so I'm going to give that a try and see what happens!
Happy Fun Day Sunday to all! :)

m ~
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views