Starting pre-op diet today!

amyc
on 2/17/12 11:15 pm - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
My doctor didn't require me to do a pre-op diet since my BMI is less than 35.    I've not been making good food choices and thought it would be best to go ahead and get a grip on my eating now.

I bought the supplements from my Dr.'s office.   I put all my food for the day in a plastic bag.  It didn't even feel up half!    This would be a good time for my restriction to show back up with my band lol.

I had apples and cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast this morning.  It wasn't all that bad.   I can do this for the next 11 days.   Then after surgery I'll be on liquids for one month.

I've gained 33 pounds in the last two years!   I can't wait to get that weight back off and then lose 20 or 30 more.   

I'm 5'8 and my lowest post surgery weight was 192.   Today I weigh 225.    I'll be happy weighing around 180, thrilled if I get to 170.    According to the BMI chart I shouldn't weigh more than 162.   I'm not for sure I want to get that small though.    I still want a little meat on my bones and want to be a weight that isn't a daily struggle to maintain.

Sorry, I'm rambling now!    I'm just getting excited (and a little nervous) about surgery!

Amy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views