A new training program

vinnymac
on 2/28/12 5:15 am - Mobile, AL
I was in a stall for a few months.I didn't gain are lose any weight . I was workout 5 days a week doing 30-45 min of cardio then weight training and I have been doing this since 4 week out of VSG. Anyway I start a new class at my gym where they use weight traing as carido it alot of reps at a fast pace wth low weights well It has been 3weeks and I have gained 3 Lbs but my pants size went from a 40 to a 38 a lose 38 but not a 36 yet. I was told today by the trainer that I would start loseing again now.Anyway what do you think will I start lossing again. My cal count is 2000-2300 a day.

Thanks Vinny

Vinny Mac

onemoretry
on 2/28/12 5:25 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Vinny I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to say I checked out your profile and you look great! You have done an awesome job.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 5:25 am, edited 2/28/12 5:27 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Dude!  Fuh reals!  Doan be like a woman with a scale addiction!! :P 

Who gives a huge flying monkey crap what the scale says when your pants are shrinking!  This is coming from a chick who cannot even get to the MIDDLE of a normal BMI because my bones and muscles weigh more than that! 

Do you have access to a hydrostatic weight place (they dunk you in a tub) or a bodpod?  The scale cannot tell you how your body composition has changed.

In 6 months, I gained 3 pounds *BY THE SCALE*  My body fat went from 19% to 16%, I GAINED 8 pounds of MUSCLE.

In a world not fueled by emotion and the scale, should I be freaked out that *by the scale* I was 3 pounds heavier?  No man!  Not even in a world full of bongs filled to the brim!! 

My calorie count is like yours, but I track my food and exercise on dietpower and it tells me what I need to consume to stay/gain/loose.  You might want to invest in the like (or maybe not) but honestly no one here can look at me and have me  tell them what I do and know how many calories I need. 

BE PROUD ON YOU MAN!!!  DO IT!!  NOW!

:}  And I am going to do itI from here!

GO VINNIEMAC!!
princessleah613
on 2/28/12 8:19 am - PA
VSG on 01/19/12
 Brandi, how did you get your arms so toned? My arms look like your before pics, and I would LOVE to have them look like your afters!!!!
Leah

vinnymac
on 2/28/12 9:20 am - Mobile, AL
Thank you 4 saying that. I arm and shoulder and legs look ok but my mid section is nothing but lose nasty skin . I workout like a animal but only surgery will take away lose skin.

Vinny

Vinny Mac

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 6:12 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

I only say it because its true man.  You have worked damn hard, and you will continue to, I bet.

There are places on me that there is no way I could fill out with muscle, and quite honestly, I do not care to be big enough (either with muscle or with fat) to fill that skin out again, so you know.

We do what we can with what we have, man. 

But I am not joking!  See if there is someplace that can do your body composition (not just calipers, they do not work as well on folks like us with weird fat dispursal, *I do not think*). 

Its a huge mindfuck, the switch over between "weight loss" and "fat loss" via changing your body composition.  You have to get out of the "weight loss" mode and into the other, but measuring it is a challenge, because its not as instant, and its not as easily measured.

Yaay you!!

*squeeze*

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 6:19 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Thanks for your sweet words girlie.

At first I did body weight stuff - so do girlie pushups until you can do regular ones, and do triceps dips.

Remember you do not have to be able to pull off 100 with military precision to be making progress!!

Here is a link that might help where I explain more, but I am glad to fill in information if you have questions! 

Look on this thread

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4502603/Brandi-of-the- past-sends-warnings-to-Brandi-of-the-future/page,1/action,re plies/topic_id,4502603/

Down the page near the bottom is a post that fills in more information!!

Ask away though, I am glad to be helpful if I can.

I have put off the inevitable for too long this morning!!  Time for work!  Yaay work! 
bigtigger1010
on 2/28/12 5:40 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
Brandi said it all... as long as ur losing inches, u must be doing sumthing right!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

VeraG
on 2/28/12 5:41 am - Bonner Springs, KS
I agree with Brandilynn.  If inches are coming off, it's a good thing even if the scale isn't moving.  Now that you've switched things up in your routine, hopefully you will get things moving again! 

Living until I die!

Most Active