Good things can happen in 3's too!!!!

southtexas
on 3/7/12 11:02 am, edited 3/7/12 11:07 am
Sooo freaking happy! I do not know why but, it seems like so much has been happening in the past couple of weeks or so. Here are three NSV's that happened for me just this week:

1) My husband was lying on my hip last night (using it as a cushion while we were lying on the couch watching tv). He got up and said, "this isn't comfortable anymore. your hip is too bony".

2) All week long, co-workers have been approaching me and saying how good I look. My captain even called me "skinny" the other day

3) I joined the YMCA and attended my first belly dance Zumba class today. Two weeks ago, I completed a boot camp class and lived to tell about it!!!

I have never felt so good! I am confident, I love going out with my friends and family, shopping is fun again, and onederland is so close I can taste it!!!

Anyone who is on the fence and is considering VSG, please know we have all been there. I was scared because I had never been in the hospital in my life and I was terrified about how my life would change post-op. Surgery was uneventful, recovery was not as bad as I imagined it would be, and I do not feel deprived...ever. 

I have so much more control now than I ever thought I would. I can watch co-workers eat cookies and other junk food all day long and I am okay with it. It was hard at first for me to deal with having all of that stuff outside of my door at work day after day. Now, it doesn't phase me in the least. I have felt very ill when I have ate the smallest amount of sweets and fried foods in the past when I have just "tried" it after surgery. I do not know if my mindset has changed or the bad experiences I have had has turned me off to these foods but, I honestly do not want them anymore at all.

I thank God for this new lease on life. In my mind, I was going to be a big girl for the rest of my life and I was trying to learn how to accept that. I never thought that I would be in the 100's again but in the next couple of weeks, I know I will be there. That is an amazing feeling!!!

Thank all of you so much for the support, insight, and conversation that is on this board everyday. You rock!!!

Sleeva
on 3/7/12 2:05 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Congratulations..my husband calls me his marshmellow,well he better start buying some to lay his head on and to squeeze because I don't intend on keeping that nickname much longer!...my surgery will be in July
southtexas
on 3/7/12 7:25 pm
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I am sure you are so excited. You will lose that marshmallow nickname pretty quickly. If I can ever help you, please let me know!

Sleeva
on 3/8/12 7:21 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Thanks I will add you as my friend..keep doing what your doing!
Most Active