So Confused

A_NewFuture
on 3/12/12 1:11 am - Saginaw, MI
 HI I have been sleeved since October coming up on 5 months soon and have lost a total of 150 lbs but lately I have noticed that I can't even eat ONE bite of a scrambled egg or anything for that matter without immediately burping like fog horn almost non stop and a pain that shoots through my tummy and this headache that I just can't seem to get rid of. I am becoming discouraged and wondering why is it that I keep getting on a roll than all of a sudden there is this huge hic cup in the road that stops me flat. I haven't been able to really eat much of anything because of the burping and the pain. I went to my physcian he did a scan and ultrasound on my tummy and everything came back NEGATIVE so why so much pain and why the burpring that starts almost immediately. Anyone else experience any of these kind of issues. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY NOW IT'S NOT FUNNY! I want some candy, chips something good but good thing those things are not in the house and I don't feel good enough to get them and there is absolutely NO ONE in my family that will go and purchase them for me so here I am hungry and miserable. HELP

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/12 2:38 am
Hmm...well if there isn't anything to be found from a scan then you might give chamomile or ginger tea a try to calm your digestive system.  Biofeedback or meditation might help too.

Also, if you are burping after one bite then there is a good chance that you are swallowing air.  Try to be mindful when you drink.  My surgeon's office said to exhale right before you swallow.

In the meantime be sure to keep up your liquids and protein, even if you have to do all protein shakes.  Hope this clears up for you. 
emelar
on 3/12/12 2:57 am - TX
When you say your doc did a scan, did he do an EGD?  Go down your throat with a scope and take a good look around?  At 5 months out, I can't think of a reason why eating should be causing you a problem except for a stricture.
Jane B.
on 3/12/12 4:57 am - Strathmore, Canada
VSG on 01/11/12 with
You could also give your stomach a break by going back to liquids for a little while.  Then it wouldn't have to do any work and might get better.
HW: 243 SW:228 GW:160
"I want to really live, not just be putting in time"    

A_NewFuture
on 3/12/12 11:04 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you for all the replies I am going to go and see the doctor again on Wednesday this is starting to worry me I thought about an obstruction as I am burping however I am not really passing Gas so I am thinking there could be something with the intestines possibly.  Again thanks for all the response

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views