Not happy!!

jakebsmommy
on 3/17/12 3:17 pm - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
 So  I had been feeling really bad the last week or so.  Had a terrible cough and fever!  I work in a Pediatric office and on Monday the PA gave me a prescription for the Z-pack after checking with my surgeon.  She also told me to take Nyquil.  The first night I tool the required amount and felt drunk, Nyquil never did this before but WTH I sleep like a baby.  Continued this nightly regimen of antibiotics and nyquil,  Come Thursday I go to work and the PA tell me I look worse than the day before and she tells me to do the flu test.  Here, I am telling her there is no way I have the flu, but WTF it comes back positive.  No flu symptoms but yes I have the flu!! FML  I finally feel better, but all I have wanted to do is drink fluids....so i threw in a few protein shakes and greek yogurt and volia feel so much better.  All I can say is if you get it drink plenty of fluids and rest!!
      Cheri  
JordynsMommy
on 3/17/12 3:50 pm - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
 Sorry to hear you were sick, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Get well rested and your fluids in and feel better! Hugs from Philadelphia.

Could_It_Be
on 3/17/12 3:59 pm
 My program warns us about taking NyQuil and other meds with alcohol because the effects can be amplified in our systems.

Hope you feel better soon, that has to be super crummy!

VSG on 6/22/11
bbearsmama
on 3/17/12 10:11 pm
RNY on 02/28/13
So sorry! The flu came to our house too.  3 of us got sick within a few days of each other.  My youngest son went to the dr. on a Sunday and she didn't think it was the flu.  Then I went to the dr. on Tuesday--my dr. didn't think it was the flu (just a sinus infection)  so she didn't test me. Finally, my oldest son went to the dr. on Thursday and this doctor actually gave him the flu test. Sure enough-positive! So we had all had it. She said that the flu was arriving late in the year.

So glad you're getting fluids and rest!

Hugs,
Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

abrown8434
on 3/17/12 10:56 pm - VA
Glad to hear you are better and that you're getting this out of the way before your VSG! I'm almost 6 months in and I just had a bout with the norovirus and dehydration! Just make sure you take the upmost care of yourself because your body is weakened for a minute w/ VSG and your nutrients and vitamins are so essential!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active