Back home & SLEEVED!!!

MizzEvil
on 3/20/12 6:33 am, edited 3/20/12 6:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

I got back home yesterday after being sleeved on the 16th of March! I went to Dr Aceves and there are not enough words to describe the experience I had, but to sum it up... it was PERFECT!
I had very lil nerves going in, mostly just the day of, but once I met with each Dr and had all my pre-op work up done..... my nerves competely went away. My mother went with me, and she had some reservations about me having it done in Mexico. She was completely relieved after meeting the doctors, and even after months of her and I going back and forth why we thought our surgeries was a better decision (she lap-band, me VSG)..... I heard and saw straight from her mouth (a few times), that if she would of waited until after my surgery to do hers - she would of gone the same route I did.
Anyhow, surgery went as planned. Was up and walking once they brought me back to my room. No dry lips, no dry mouth, no sore throat, no nausea. Have been able to get air moving from the attick and basement immediately. Very little gas pain, mostly chest area when drinking. I can feel the bubbles move up and slight pain in chest which resolved just as soon as they came. Drinking is getting easier, and like many, I find that hot/warm goes down easier than room temp or cold fluids. Doing pretty well - have a lil over 2/3rds of my liquids in for today and it's a lil after 1:30pm. No hunger pains, not even really interested in eating. Have the urge to chew things, even asked my mom jokingly if she'd like me to chew her peanuts for her the airplane back yesterday. Watching Foodnetwork, people eating, commercials of food don't phase me. I have been able to sleep good every night - I'm a tummy/side sleeper, and was able to do this on night 2 with no issues. Incisions healing well, very little pain - able to get up and down just fine. The drain was slightly uncomfortable, but once they removed that - no issues at all.
I have to say, the biggest issue I had (and wasn't even a huge issue) was the feeling/urge to urinate, feeling like it was right there and nothing (or a drop) due to anethesia. Never had catheter, and my womanly hasn't come (woo freaking hoo) (it was supposed to be on the day of surgery). 
I feel like I could go back to work, but I know right now I need to focus on getting all my fluids in because it's going to be difficult at work to really work on that.
I know this is just the very beginning, and things will get difficult, but I feel so blessed that I had a good start!

jimbovsg
on 3/20/12 6:57 am
Awesome glad to hear you are doing so well!  Nice you came through with such an easy time...that is always good!  Take care....drink tha****er and walk!  Welcome to the bench girl!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

MizzEvil
on 3/20/12 7:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks Jimbovsg!!!
sonjakp
on 3/20/12 7:15 am - douglasville , GA
VSG on 03/30/12
Congratulation I'm Happy to see your are doing Well I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery....I'll be leaving next Thursday to Mexicali and Can't wait

Sonja

MizzEvil
on 3/20/12 7:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
sonjakp, it was an awesome experience! The whole thing went off better than I had hoped for. The whole team is awesome. Blanca, Yolanda, Dr Aceves, Dr Campos, Dr Gutierrez, Sergio, the rest of the nurses, even housekeeping.... it was awesome! You won't be disappointed. I sent another patient that is going to Aceves a run down on what happened, etc. If you'd like me to send it to you as well, let me know. Any questions don't hesitate to ask!
sonjakp
on 3/20/12 8:10 am - douglasville , GA
VSG on 03/30/12
MizzEvil I would appreciated if you could give me the run down as well..

Thanks Girl

MizzEvil
on 3/20/12 8:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Sent! Don't hesitate to ask any questions :)

Oh and I forgot to mention. If you want to purchase extra antireflux medication, go to the corner pharmacy from the hospital - I believe it's called Paz Pharmacy. They have individual packets that come in a 28 pk, for like $21. I was told to go to that pharmacy vs the one across the road by Yolanda because they say it's cheaper. I also requested Dr Aceves write me a Rx for medication to reduce the risk of gallbladder issues. They kept telling me not to worry about it as the rate is low in VSG vs RNY, but without health insurance until May - I feel more comfortable getting enough to get me through. He wrote it for 6 months, but purchased the 2 boxes they had available in the pharmacy (50count each - $23 each). 
If you have someone traveling with you, the hospital has a cafeteria available. There is also a chinese restaurant across the street (I guess Mexicali was founded by Asians), and an Italian place down the street as well. They do have tourist type security around the area that keeps an eye on tourist as well.

sonjakp
on 3/20/12 11:23 am - douglasville , GA
VSG on 03/30/12
Thank you so much I was about to ask you about the Gallbladder Meds,I'm in same boat as you No Insurance until Hubby starts his Job in may...

Sonja

Faye56
on 3/20/12 7:17 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
WooooHoooo....Congrats girlie!! Welcome to the losers bench!! It is hard to believe that it is done - right? Well, you are well on your way to being a new healthy you. Be sure to walk and sip, sip, sip.
Glad all went well and hope your recovery continues going great!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

MizzEvil
on 3/20/12 7:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks Faye!!! It is a bit surreal! I cannot believe I'm on the other side and starting this journey - it felt like it was never going to come! I am so excited for the future, it's just an awesome feeling to have!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views