Help Neded

keywest
on 3/21/12 1:05 pm
I am about 5 months out.  I am about 49lbs from my goal weight.  The weight loss seem to have slowed down alot.  I keep hitting stalls that seems to last for weeks at a time.  Then I may lose another 2-6lbs.  Did anyone experience this?  If so, what can I do to speed things up again or see a consistent loss of weight weekly.  I'm afraid I am not going to reach my goal.
HW: 250      SW: 237      CW: 174   Goal: 125     Height: 5'1    Surgery Date: 10/17/11

laurahuff65
on 3/21/12 1:28 pm
my surgery was 10/24. We have 7 months to go before we hit the 1 yr mark. I think you are doing great! My loss is very slow too, always has been. I cant seem to speed it up! Just continue to follow the plan and you'll get there! Good luck!!

Could_It_Be
on 3/21/12 1:28 pm
 Are you tracking everything that goes into your mouth? I slowed waaaaaaaaay down at 6 months, I think it's normal!

VSG on 6/22/11
Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/21/12 2:40 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Yes,
I think it is normal also. I just try not to worry about losing faster, because if I am doing everything right it is coming off sooner or later. I know it is hard to wait, Do something different, either up your calories a day or two or change your exercise routine, or both, shock your body. To little food and your body won't let the weight go. Hope this helps some. Remember the sleeve is just a tool, you are the one that has to work it.
God Bless
Evie

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/21/12 11:09 pm
That sounds very normal.  I lost my entire 95 pounds that way.  Lose for a week, stall for 2-3 weeks.  And as Could_It_Be says, weight loss slows way down the further out you get.

As for ideas to speed it up... follow a really tight plan.  I do 600-800 calories per day, more than 80g protein, less than 40g carbs (right now I'm less than 20g carbs), 100+ oz fluids and exercise most days.

TRACK everything you put in your mouth.  It's easy to underestimate how much you are consuming.

The 49 lbs loss is great!!!  Keep chugging along!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Rekeca
on 3/22/12 12:37 am - NC
I agree with everyone else. You have to do something to shock your body. I am the poster child for losing like that. I am 6 months out and been on a stall for the last month. I finally decided to lower my calories drastically for a few days. I have lost about 3 pounds in two days. Not a lot of weight but at least the scale is moving.

keywest
on 3/25/12 5:23 pm
Thanks for all the feedback.  I will try changing my exercising routine, possibly increase the intensity of the exercise if I can and lower my calories and carbs more.  I'm right in the range with everyone else in comparing calories and carbs.  I will also try to increase my water intake as well.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks again.
HW: 250      SW: 237      CW: 174   Goal: 125     Height: 5'1    Surgery Date: 10/17/11

Most Active