killer headache while on preop diet !!!!

seanbear66rn
on 3/28/12 2:20 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 I am on the modified pre-op diet. I am dong 2 protein shakes and 1 meal a day. I have had 8 oz of coffee down from approx 64oz a day. I started decreasing my coffee intake 2 weeks ago so I do not think it is from that. I have been super compliant with this plan and I am down 17 lbs. I have a headache that reminds me of when I had migraines after an auto accident. It is debilitating. I Has anyone had this problem ? Any suggestions......Thanks
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

jacreasy
on 3/28/12 2:22 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 No but hope you feel better!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/28/12 2:23 am
It's probably due to caffiene and/or carb withdrawls.  It should pass after several days.  But, if it doesn't or if it's simply too painful, see a doc!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Marabell
on 3/28/12 2:31 am
VSG on 06/07/12
how long have you been on it? If it is not the caffeine withdrawal, then it sure could be from carb withdrawal.....are you getting enough water in? should be shooting for 64 ounces a day with at least half of that being plain water...at least that is what my surgeon and NUT require.

alternate warm and cold compresses on your head/forehead...always helps me. Also, what always helps me is essential oils:

Directions: Combine the your chosen carrier oil (such as almond, olive, or grapeseed oil) and essential oils into the bottle, and gently roll the bottle between your hands to mix the essential oils into the carrier oil.

To Use: Drop 1-4 drops onto your fingers and massage onto your forehead, back of your neck and/or temples. Avoid getting the oils near your eyes.

Suggested Essential Oils and Blends for Use in the Recipe:

• Blend #1: 8 Drops Lavender Oil, 4 Drops Roman Chamomile, 1 oz. Carrier Oil
  • Blend #2: 4 Drops Spearmint Essential Oil, 4 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil, 1 oz. Carrier Oil
  • Blend #3: 4 Drops Helichrysum Essential Oil, 8 Drops Roman Chamomile, 1 oz. Carrier Oil
  • Blend #4: 4 Drops Spearmint Essential Oil, 8 Drops Lavender Essential Oil, 1 oz. Carrier Oil

Headaches can feel powerfully strong. It might feel that you need to use a lot of essential oil to remedy your painful headache. With essential oils, using less is safer and can often be more effective than using more. Even for headaches, remember to always dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before applying them to your skin or scalp.

Hope you feel better soon!

emdesq
on 3/28/12 2:50 am
Sounds like caffeine withdrawals to me! I had the same issue when I stopped drinking coffee every day pre-op.  Tylenol helps, as does time....

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
chiefsgirl3
on 3/28/12 2:56 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Carb withdrawals!  Going through it here too!

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 2:59 am - GA
I drank 3 coffees a day and went to 1 on my pre-opt diet and got really bad headaches, when I increased up to 2 coffees that helped me a lot. 
AmberK
on 3/28/12 4:37 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I had the headaches very bad as well! I would get a small Diet coke each day to help. Since surgery of course I have not had any (and don't plan to), but I have not had one of those headaches since before surgery! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

laurak712
on 3/28/12 7:54 am - New Braunfels, TX
OMG yes!!  Those headaches sucked!  But they will pass after a few days.  It's just detox from caffeine and sugar/carbs.  The good news is that once you have surgery, they will be a distant memory. A very bad memory, LOL.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/28/12 6:07 pm - New Zealand
sounds like the caffiene still to me, I had nasty arse headaches went from drinking heaps of coke to none prior my pre-op diet, glad I did as it was  hell. had mine for about 2 weeks

Most Active