Whats your menu look like after a year out

stephf
on 4/3/12 12:05 pm - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
can anyone share your menu after a year out. im struggling with meal ideas here!! thanks in advance!!!

I also count carbs/sugars/ calories and sodium
thanks in advance!!

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

IndyVSG74
on 4/3/12 12:47 pm - IN
I'm not quite a year out - I'm 8 months out - but according to my food plan, I'm eating much as I will when I hit a year or more.

I always plan my protein first and then add in a few "extras" as I can. I've been making a ton of recipes from skinnytaste.com (her blog is weigh****chers focused but a lot of the recipes are high protein/low carb/low fat, so they work well with some modification).

For example, the other night we made cajun chicken pasta - I ate about 3 oz of the chicken, a few bites of the pasta and a bunch of the veggies - as many as I could tolerate after eating the protein.

We cook a ton on the grill - chicken breasts and drumsticks, lean steaks and ground beef, etc. I usually try to have a small portion of carbs on the side (1/3 of a baked potato, small serving of pasta, etc.) and a small portion of veggies - salad, or sliced tomato/cucumber, green beans, etc.

My breakfasts are typically a 1-egg scramble with diced ham, 2% shredded cheese, and veggies (mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, etc.). They fill me up perfectly.

Lunches are often on the go, but I try to pack my lunch with leftovers when I can or make good choices at restaurants.

If I'm not quite at my protein targets after my normal meals, I make sure to have a protein-rich snack like nuts, HG buffalo chicken dip, cheese sticks, etc. I feel like for the most part I eat like a "normal" person (and certainly I eat the same meals as my family, I just eat less of them!).
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

PBJ
on 4/3/12 1:19 pm
I am 22 months out and I still love my sleeve!  I eat pretty much what I cook for my family.  Except I don't do the carbs...I eat the protein and veggies.  I really do eat what I cook for them.  For breakfast I have greek yogurt mixed with fruit, nuts and alittle bit of high fiber cereal.
Lunch is something like a chicken salad, chilli, chicken soup, leftovers from dinner.  I change it up...but it is always protein first.
Dinner is whatever I cook for my husband and kids.  I do alot of chicken.  I like fish and occasionally do meat.  I do occasionally do wheat pasta but not very often.  When I make my family spaghetti  (they really like it), I usually do spaghetti squash and put the sauce on that for me...love it and it is totally satisfying.  the protein is in my sauce that I make with meat.
If I am hungry at night..I have high protein hot chocolate with alittle fat free whip cream on it.  I have a major sweet tooth and that satisfies that. or diet jello.

I am totally ok eating the same thing often..I don't need alot of variety. 

hope this helps
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
acbbrown
on 4/3/12 2:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I also have little variety in my diet but I'll give you an idea of what i'm eating. 

For BK - I always have a high protein BK - usually egg whites with ham or turkey sausage and a little cheese. Sometimes I'll just eat turkey/cheese, or when I'm having a "omg wtf kind of week" - I'll eat smart ones breakfast (egg white scrambles or omlette). I dont make a regular habit out of those unless I just refuse to get over myself and cook - I guess it's damage control. 

For lunch and dinner, I usually eat a simple dense protein ( trader joes has some good pre-marinated chicken, little 1oz beef hamburger patties, etc) or a protein/veggie stir fry of some sorts. I like grilled shrimp and grilled talapia. I'll make ground lean turkey with sloppy joe sauce, broccoli/beef, things like that. If I have the energy to actually make a meal, I like to make lettuce tacos (a leaf of lettuce, refried beans, ground turkey w/ taco seasoning, a little cheese, salsa and a little greek yogurt). I'll make a low carb pizza option - either on some kind of low carb bread, or even just take a piece of canadian bacon, a little pizza sauce and a little cheese. 

For snacks, I eat a lot of cottage cheese, greek yogurt, egg white muffins, turkey and cheese rolls, raw veggies with greek yogurt dips (my latest experiments lol). Sometimes beef jerkey. Sometimes just an ounce of chicken betwen meals or some steamed veggies, sugar free jello, etc. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active