Relationship Changes

dguenat123
on 4/5/12 3:31 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
I am not a big poster but someone recently told me "if your thinking it someone else probably is too". I am having lots of trouble with work relationships and the more I lose the worse it gets. I am sharing two quotes I have stolen from friends that are helping deal with this. Sometimes people are only happy when you aren't.

"Sometimes you have to let people go. Not because you don't care, but because they don't."

"You don't like me? COOL, I don't wake up every day to impress you."

Live, Love and Laugh!    
sutherngrl94
on 4/5/12 3:40 am - Raleigh, NC
Those are two VERY good posts.  I recently had to let a friend go.  Not because of weight loss though. 

Things will get better.  I figure people are just jealous of how great you look!!!
chiefsgirl3
on 4/5/12 3:43 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 LOVE IT!!!!!

Rosemary1031
on 4/5/12 3:55 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
It's weird how people react to our weight loss. Some turn away from you because you're happy and doing good for yourself, so that makes them look at their own shortcomings and the things they haven't done to improve them. Others are drawn to you and are inspired by your progress and they, in turn, will be motivated to change the things that weigh them down. I am only 8 weeks post op but I am fast learning this.
I feel lucky because I've had more of the positive people coming out of the woodwork. I began "showing" at around week 3 and I was being "fitness courted" lol. Gals at work saw that I walked during my breaks and they wanted to join me. I now have walking schedules with two great gals that are very motivating, and they are motivated by my weight loss. It's a great feeling to be admired because of your accomplishment.

Keep your head up and your feet firmly planted. People are people, no one is perfect. You're going to find that the more positivity you embrace the less negative people you draw in!

NomoreXL
on 4/5/12 4:41 am
VSG on 05/04/12 with
THANK YOU I NEEDED THAT!!!!
NomoreXL

hwag5149
on 4/5/12 4:51 am
Unrelated to weightloss, but that first one hit me hard because I recently had to leave my relationship of 4 years for that exact reason. Very difficult. Everytime I read the quote it makes me cry.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Lisa S.
on 4/5/12 6:15 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I think Rosemary nailed it when she said, "You're going to find that the more positivity you embrace the less negative people you draw in!"
When you are doing something awesome in your life others around you feel bad they aren't making positive changes too. They send out that bad/mean/unsupportive vibe. Just keep doing you and don't let the fun suckers get you down.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views