Medication Question and question about difficulty walking

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/11/12 3:44 pm
 I have been reading and reading the forums...and although I know I want to have surgery and it is a good decision for me the truth is I wonder about few things...for example if I am on liquids only post surgery...how will I take my HBP meds, thyroid meds, and pain medication.  Also is there anyone out there who can't walk...I was one of those people who took the levaquin/corticsteroids combo which caused such horrific tendonitis it put me in a wheelchair.  My surgeon said it is blood thinner shots for me after surgery for a month, but other than that is not worried about my difficulty walking...let's just say 100 ft. feels like 100 miles for me.  Thank you for your help!!
Mom4Jazz
on 4/12/12 12:44 am
I was on pills leaving the hospital. Some folks got prescriptions for liquid versions for the first little while, but my surgeon doesn't do that.

I don't know that we have anyone here who is in a wheelchair, but I know someone IRL that had WLS and is in a wheelchair. Obviously exercise is more challenging, but if you follow the eating plan you will still lose. Maybe a little slower, but eating is at least 80% of weight loss.

Good luck.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

diane S.
on 4/12/12 2:02 am
i was told i could take pills as long as they were no larger than a m and m. and pain med came in liquid vicodin. you will have an iv in hospital and they put pain meds in that. if you can get up and take even a couple of steps with a walker every few hours you can likely do this. loss of weight can only help your tendonitis.

and i bet within a couple of months after surgery you will be able to ditch bp meds as my husband and i both have.    gl  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

cajunlady1958
on 4/12/12 4:31 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I am in a wheelchair most of the time. But I have noticed since I have been losing weight that I can walk a little bit farther and not be in as much pain. My doctor says after surgery I will have to crush my medication until my stomach heals.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/12/12 2:10 pm
 Thank you for writig...it means the world to me...walking again is probably not going to be possible because my tedons are shredded...but your weight loss gives me hope....thanx
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 57 views