ACNE! Anyone else notice this post-op?

tillmadd
on 4/15/12 5:51 am - WI
 Hey Fellow Sleevers- Just wondering if anyone has noticed increased amount of facial acne. I look like a teenager again. My NUT recommended biotin for acne & hairloss. Someone told me MegaRed krill oil tablets. I am washing more often with ANEW skin cleanser & am trying alcohol pads. Anyone have any ideas to control acne? Should I try to get a stronger prescription? 
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

UnRuli
on 4/15/12 6:26 am - Plainwell, MI
 I noticed a little bit of acne due to the surges of hormones (estrogen is released as fat is lost), but then my face cleared up REALLY nicely once things stabliized and I was getting in all of my fluids. 

Stick it out dear, right now it's kind of like going through a second puberty.  It sucks, but it'll get better.
julyxo84
on 4/15/12 6:45 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 Oh man, I was getting acne like crazy on my face. But it has gone down, don't get it as much. Haven't really done anything about it though so I can't recommend anything.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/15/12 6:54 am
I got really bad acne about 5 months post op.  I mean, really bad.  I went to my dermatologist who treated me with an oral med and a topical med.  I had to go back and have some spots injected with cortisone to calm them down.  Now I'm just on a topical med.  That seems to be controlling it ok... but I'm really hoping it goes away permanently again.

I feel your pain.  I recommend seeing your dermatolgist again.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

tillmadd
on 4/15/12 6:56 am - WI
 poker face did doc say why this is happening? Is it due to the sleeve & hormones? Just curious.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/15/12 7:14 am
He wasn't sure.  I had a unique situation because I got an infection in the hospital with my VSG and was on antibiotics for a few months post op.  It could be that the meds messed up my system and let the acne I had years ago come back with a vengeance once I came off them?  Not sure.  He could only speculate that it was that or hormones or just no relation at all.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

skinnytra77
on 4/16/12 2:26 am
I have been breaking out really bad and it never even crossed my mind it would have to do with my surgery.    I have been trying proactive the past couple weeks hoping that helps.   I never had pimples as a teenager and now in my mid 30's i'm covered.   I am going back to my dr on Wednesday for a follow up so I will ask her what she suggests I do.   

Thank you for posting about this
Most Active