New to this site, ..appreciate your posts!

megs617
on 4/16/12 7:27 am
Hello, everyone!

I am new to this whole process and have found your posts to be incredibly helpful and have definitely eased some of my fears and concerns.  This is my personal THANK YOU for being so honost and open with your stories!!!!    A little history...

I started this process with my husband as his personal cheerleader.  He had expressed interest in having gastric bybass so I went with him to an informative weight loss seminar and it opened my eyes.  Before going, I must admit, I was closed minded and thought, "well maybe if we just exersize more and eat better, we can lose weight."

The truth is, I have been overweight my entire life.  Although I would like to consider myself healthy, the scale does not reflect that.  I'm so scared!  I have two beautiful children ages 4 and 20 months old.  I want to live a long healthy life for them and set a good example so they don't fall into the same catagory as me. 

I have my very first appointment with the doctor this Thursday, April 19th.  I'm TERRIFIED!  Can anyone share how they got over some of their fears and anxiety?  I know this is a great opportunity to improve so many aspects of my life.  I really, truly find such inspiration from reading your posts.  Hopefully, I'll figure out how to use this site and update my information. 
Sleeva
on 4/16/12 7:45 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
The seminars that I went to stated that more people die from obesity related deceases than the surgery by far and with me having 3 obesity related deceases going on 4 I decided to take my chance..do your research.. Good luck!
aimnic
on 4/16/12 8:38 am - VA
VSG on 04/30/12 with
Best of luck to you! My 2 year old daughter is my motivation for getting healthy too!

Aimee
Starting Weight - 323.6
Surgery Weight - 308.2
Most Active