Checking in 3 and a half years out

Emily_Rose
on 4/16/12 5:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
Well time flies!  I have not been on boards for some time, seems like life gets in the way.  Im now a Texas gal up in Ft Worth not in LA but love it up here.  It is strange though because the people here did not know the overweight me.  What they see now to them is the normal me.  Seems like every time I go home though someone will ask if I am still losing and tell me to stop (I have been in the same 5 lb range for almost 2.5 years now)  I do have to watch the junk food.  I seem to crave it when I travel and with the 8 hours between here and home I am on the road a while eveyr 4-6 weeks.  it has been a little bit of a battle this past year keeping myself in check for the travel time.  Early this year I went up to 138 and panicked.  Im back to the 135 lb point again and really want to drop back to the low end of my weight about 132  I look the best between 130-135 but feel better when I have a litte cushion from the 135 although its mostly phycolgical  Life is so much better at goal but I still need plastics.  DH was out of work for 6 months and we moved 2 times in the past year so plastics are not in the budget yet.  Hope in a year or so I can have the overhaul I want but in the mean time at least I look decent IN clothes LOL  (no one but me and DH need to know how the other side of me looks!)
sam1am
on 4/16/12 5:24 am
It's nice to see you posting Emily and glad to hear that you are maintaining so well!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Emily_Rose
on 4/16/12 1:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Sandy hope this journey is treating you well
felicity2u
on 4/16/12 5:27 am - LA
Glad to see you are doing well so far out. Keep up the great work and it's great to see people out there enjoying there new skinnier lives, lol! Don't be a stranger!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Emily_Rose
on 4/16/12 1:37 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Now that I am settled back into a normal life I will try to be here a little more regular  This board is one of the main tools for sucess that I had.  I tell anyone considering surgery to come here because you can not get this support anywhere else
Lee ~
on 4/16/12 7:46 am - CA
 Congratulations on your success!  It's always wonderful to hear from people who are successfully maintaining.  I hear you about travel. Thats the most difficult time for me to stay close to my plan.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Emily_Rose
on 4/16/12 1:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Looks like you are pretty sucessful yourself so far!
We all have our weaknesses and chocolate is definitly mine.  I am one of the lucky ones who finds keeping near goal pretty easy but it is still a life choice.  I know my limits and basically just go back to basics pretty regular.  Not to say I dont stray from the straight and narrow but the first 3-6 months changed the way I view food for the most part and I hope that lesson sticks with me for a lifetime. 
Lee ~
on 4/16/12 1:51 pm - CA
 I couldn't agree more about the lifestyle changes.  When I stick to the basics my weight is stable.  I hope that the lessons I've learned help me maintain my goals.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Maureen K.
on 4/16/12 8:02 am
 Hi Emily, 
So good to hear from and see an old familiar face. Sounds like you are doing exactly how I am with that 5 lb leeway but I really need to watch it which is why I weigh daily . It is going to be that life long battle but so thank ful I have my sleeve could not have done it or maintained without it. Congrats on keeping it off cheers to you girl best wishes and don't be such a stranger 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Emily_Rose
on 4/16/12 1:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good to see another old timer here!  LOL its weird to be the one so far out on this journey but I am loving it.  Looking at your avatar you looking good girl! Wish I looked that good in a bikini!
Most Active