coffee decafe vs regular

gmb87
on 4/18/12 12:29 am - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
I have read and heard that regular coffee inhibits weight loss. Does decafe have any negative effects??

I still like the flavor etc. but can decafe throw me off track also?

I also feel as I failed today. Someone brought donuts to work and I usually do well staying out of them, but today I submitted to a cream filled donut and feel very stupid.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
Kevin H.
on 4/18/12 12:31 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Your only human my friend.  1 fat burger (donuts) isnt going to kill you.  Work it off today and realize how much exercise you have to do to burn off that 1 donut.  You got this.  Tomorrow is another day.

TheBiscuit
on 4/18/12 12:51 am - TX
 We didn't get fat off of one donut. :) You realize your mistake or you wouldn't feel guilty about it. I hope you enjoyed it! Now get back to scarfing your whey and tuna like the rest of us! 

As for the coffee, I drink decaf and caff. Neither has slowed my weight loss. Nutritionists warn that caffiene can dehydrate you, but as long as you're compensating for it by drinking extra water that day, it's not going to be an issue. Just apply the same rule for decaf. If it isn'****er, assume you must drink extra to make up for it!
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/18/12 1:03 am
I drink regular coffee.  I only have 1 or 2 cups on the days I drink it and I try to get in 100 oz of fluids total... so I find that it doesn't slow down my weight loss.  I have to have creamer in my coffee, though, and what kind of creamer I use can affect things.  I try to use ff milk or sf creamer.  If I use regular flavored creamer (think vanilla) that isn't sugar free, then I think my weight loss gets slowed.

One donut doesn't mean you failed.  But, why put that garbage in your body?  You're building a lean, mean, fat-burning machine and that donut is like throwing waste oil in it.  Bleh.  Look, we're all human and we eat those things that really don't help us lose weight and be healthy.  My biggest issue with bad choices is that we need to focus on building new healthy habits.  So one donut isn't going to mean failure, but if it leads to more bad choices, then it defeats the purpose.

You've got this, my friend!  Chin up!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Gabesmom128
on 4/18/12 1:38 am
 Don't beat yourself up, you are only human. Just get back on track and realize you can't be perfect ALL the time.Decaf coffee should be fine jus****ch out for the creamers/sweetners.
NanfromSan
on 4/18/12 2:16 am
VSG on 12/09/14
I already drink 64 oz of water a day PLUS my coffee.  I refuse to give it up!  I get withdrawal migraines every time.  I only drink 1 cup maybe 2 at most.  I tried the decaf and started getting migraines.  Come to find out that the decaf process uses some kind of chemical that is extremely bad for you...and so I searched for decaf coffees that use a water washing process instead of benzene something or another.  When I drank that then I did not have the headaches.  It's also known as "swiss process" - I guess because the Swiss invented the method that uses only water instead of benzene and other chemicals.  Just an FYI.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

ND2BTHN
on 4/18/12 7:32 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I was wondering this question too. I am able to drink coffee now, but I was worried to start it for fear of slowing my progress. I also struggle to get in 56 oz of liquid a day, so having to increase that on top of a coffee, sounds impossible to me. I would totally kill for a Timmy's coffee, but think I will hold off a bit longer. Till I can at least get all my liquids in without fail. Better safe than sorry for me.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
INgirl
on 4/18/12 7:57 am
I have not read this about coffee, do you have any idea where he got the info from? Caffeine in itself increases metabolism temporarily, slightly- but it does.. and it's a myth that it is dehydrating, only in large amounts, for people that are unused to it can it cause a slight diuretic effect... so I'm not sure why the no-no? Now, the donut, yeah- not the best choice.. but you knew that! You didn't fail, you just chose poorly that time..
Most Active