just the way it is for me right now (8 wk update)

Jaybee766
on 4/20/12 9:55 pm, edited 4/20/12 10:06 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
So it's almost 8 weeks post surgery and I haven't lost weight in a few weeks. In fact I may have gained a pound or two. I must admit that it is frustrating but I'm not necessarily down in the dumps. I know that I have lost 30 pounds since surgery and that's fantastic. I know cognitively that there is no way I can gain weight on the calories I'm taking in each day. I'm sure that my body is completely freaking out at the massive change in my eating. It's just a little frustrating to read post after post of amazing weightloss and then to read post after post of "advice" about calorie intake and what is the "best" way to lose.  I think I'll keep the saying "stick to your plan" over and over in my head and take one day at a time. I tell people alllllll the time to stay in the moment and focus on where you are and what you're doing today! I have to follow my own advice. There are no "must"s or "should"s in life ( I tell others) and then I find myself "should"ing on myself. Ah well.....nobody is perfect, including me. I still know WLS was the right decision. I'm planning a cool new haircut to address any potential hair loss. Going to buy 1 pair of jeans that will fit right now! Life is good, even when it's tough. That's all for now. Be well.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Pura Vida
on 4/20/12 10:10 pm - Costa Rica
This too, shall pass.
Marabell
on 4/20/12 10:35 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
stick to the plan..thru all its twists and turns.....IT WILL LEAD TO SUCCESS

Jennifer B.
on 4/20/12 10:55 pm - GA
VSG on 04/13/12
 You have done so great, dont give up and it will work!

felicity2u
on 4/20/12 11:09 pm - LA
Like you said yourself, stick to plan and the weight will come off. We started around the same weight and there were weeks at a time where I lost nothing and the scale would reward me with a loss. What are you eating right now if you dont' mind me asking?

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

jaded123
on 4/21/12 12:06 am - MD
 sending you hugs!
 You know what you're doing is right, but that doesn't prevent you from feeling frustrated.  I would feel that way, too!  But you ARE doing the right stuff, so keep it up.  You are going to get fantastic results :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Lisak52
on 4/21/12 1:34 am - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
I am 2 months out today.
I too stalled for about 4 weeks and was very down. Now I am losing very very slowly. Just went to my NUT yesterday. Says I should continue my healthy for life eating plan.Balanced diet with limited fruits. Concentrate on my protein and fluids.Get as much protein from foods as possible. I have been walking anywhere from 1 mile to 2 miles a day.Seems to have helped the stall also. Good Luck,It will come off eventually.
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

elaine-is-ready
on 4/21/12 2:29 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Hi.
I'm in a similar boat only 1 month post-op, and 15 pounds lost,and keep telling myself that slow is good, since I'm not whooshing!  But you've got the right attitude, we can't help losing if we stay on track.  You can do it.  
Sending positive vibes your way!  

HW= 305        pre-op wt loss= 35 lbs
VSG date: 3/19/12
Jaybee766
on 4/21/12 3:04 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.  I was eating around 600 calories a day and keeping carbs around 40 per day.  I use myfitnesspal to log everything.  Thursday I bumped up my calories to just under 800 because on Tuesday during my session with my trainer I was realllllly close to passing out (only had about 20 carbs, 300 calories that day by training time - not smart I know).  I'm still in mushies but will do chopped foods too.  I train 2x per week with a trainter and walk around a mile the other days.  Typically one or two days off but never more than that.  I just think it's my body - i'm not looking for something to blame.   I can and will adjust things until I figure it all out. Thanks again everyone!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 4/21/12 6:23 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Right there with you, friend. I think I've lost about 37 pounds. Will know for sure when I go back to see Dr. Borland on Monday. I have all the same feelings you have. It must be normal.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

Most Active