I am so lucky

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/21/12 12:17 pm
 I am pretty sure I have the nicest family physician in the world.  She is so kind and just does whatever I ask.  Yesterday I went to see her about a letter saying she has supervised my weight loss attempt for six months...and she was like no problem...then she sat down and expressed a little concern about how weight loss surgery can cause malabsorption problems and that I am to call her if I feel funny at all...because my surgeon will be 135 miles away.  I said I didn't think malabsorption would be a problem with the sleeve...and she said with anything that involves a bypass it is a possibility...and I said there is no bypass that is the beauty of the sleeve.  The sleeve is not done in the town in which I live.  She looked like she had tears in her eyes when she told me how much it bothered her that she hasn't been able to control my lymphedema enough to help me keep the weight off because she said I have seen you lose weight...I know you can do it.  And in that moment in all the struggles I have had finding a doctor who believed me that I don't eat unhealthy, well like 90% of the time that God has really given me this wonderful woman to be my doctor.  Today I got a handwritten note from her...telling me I would be in her prayers and that together we would be successful in my journey...I am so lucky...she is the best doc...she has believed in me for three years and worked so hard to help me.  I hope everyone here  could have a doc like her!!  If you don't have one, keep looking, because there are people like her out there!!
alwayz_smilin2587
on 4/21/12 12:19 pm - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
 Wow that's awesome!!!! 
kam0520
on 4/21/12 12:31 pm - AL
You have a wonderful doctor!!  My GYN is like that.  I have gone to him since I was 14, (I just turned 28) and he truly is a wonderful Godly man.  I always tell people that you know you have a wonderful doctor when they ask if they can pray with you before every surgery and with every hosptial stay.  He has gone above and beyond to help try and preserve my fertility.  He has called me on Saturdays just to check on me, he has prayed with my husband and I and honestly is the best doctor I have ever had.  It's like he is part of my family!  I have often joked with my husband that if we are able to have a kid I almost feel like I should name them after my doc!!  :)
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Most Active