Citric Acid Sensitivity

Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/23/12 5:23 pm
 I ready several studies that suggest one of the benefits, that was unexpected, for people undergoing sleeve surgery was they lost sensitivity to citric acid.  I am unable to each much fruit or I get horrible rectal issues like bleeding.  I know TMI.  I found out about this sensitivity when "in order to get healthy" I started having a fruit smoothie in the morning made with various berries and a half cup of orange juice.  A couple weeks later I went to the doc and I had a colonoscopy, barium tests, endoscopy, cancer tests...and all was normal.  My doc said you wouldn't have happned to have increased the amount of orange juice in your diet would you...and I proudly informed her of my new healthy breakfast to which she said...stop.  I did...two weeks later symptoms gone and they have never reappeared unless I get too much fruit...for example maybe a quarter cup of fruit and spaghetti sauce in two consecutive days...then bring out the Desitin.  So these studies said that many people lose their citric acid sensitivity...has this happened to anyone??
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views