Thank you!

caralikesglass
on 4/28/12 10:27 am
 I posted a little under a week ago about getting off track and how emotional factors with falling out with my parents were affecting me. I got such a great boost from all the supportive people who commented, I wanted to post an update. The day after I posted, I got down to brass tacks. Back to lean proteins, low carbs, exercise, etc. I have started a brand new, fresh, exercise regimen that wound up having more signifigance for me than I thought it would. Usually, I work out with my Mother-In-Law, who I am incredibly close to. Some people say we are co-dependant. And maybe some of our behaviors are. For a long time I have been trying to find a way for us to both get the workouts we need and be able to do them together. For some reason I can't articulate, I have harbored this unreasonable fear of working out on my own. But, she is 30 years older than me, and has had lung cancer twice (non smoker, too. It was this freak case, and how we discovered it was a fluke too.) She can't keep up with me, and I don't get the workout I need by working out with her as a sole means of exercising. I have felt a some guilt about this for a long time. So, the morning after I posted, I got up really early and ran 2.5 miles. I damn near broke myself, so I dialed it back to 1.5 miles each time since. I figure the long term adoption of this routine is more important than the initial distance at the onset. Now I am no longer afraid to go by myself. My mother-in-law is fine with it. She doesn't want to get up that early. Haha. I got very careful about food, too. I broke my sweet tooth. I have raging ketones, even though I ate a little toast last night. I am losing weight, even during my period, which never happened before. I have my restriction back. Or maybe my brain is getting retrained to listen to my stomach again. Or both. I have conquered a few "small" battles in my head relating to art and school that have been dogging me for a long time. All in one week. It's been a long time since I have had a "growth spurt" like that. Thank you all so much for all your support. It means the world. 

Highest Weight: 317 Surgery Weight: 268 Current Weight: 179.7  

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/28/12 10:35 am
*LIKE!*

I have taken up running... and have learned from my runner friends that short distances are ok to do daily, but if you want to increase distance, do more miles less often (so take at least a day rest in between runs).  So, I am now running 2-3 times per week.  Two smaller runs (2 miles) and one longer run (3 miles).  I have two rest days built in now and do other exercise on the other days as cross training (volleyball, yoga, core class, walking, etc).

Keep it up!!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Marabell
on 4/28/12 11:05 am
VSG on 06/07/12
awww. Good for you honey....so glad you are doing so well....nice to hear. keep up the good work

felinemommy
on 4/30/12 12:09 am - NH
I'm so happy for you!  Keep it up, you can do great things!

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

Most Active