1 Year surgiversary - 135 lbs lost

vacationlover
on 4/29/12 2:18 am, edited 4/29/12 4:39 am
One year and 10 days ago, I started my 10 day liquid fast at 264 lbs, my highest weight.  One year from my surgery date, and I'm down 135 pounds.  I am now 129 lbs.  I'm 5'3, and per my doctor, I can stay this weight or continue to lose up to 19 more lbs.

I didn't have high blood pressure before, and now I have low blood pressure (usually something like 80/60).  My resting heartrate went 80ish to 60ish.  My blood tests have come back pretty good, and my sleep apnea is gone.

I've been overweight since I was 8, and spent 28 years being overweight/obese.  I remember weighing 115 in fifth grade, and 135 in junior high.  Unbelievably, I weigh less now than I did in junior high.

Prior to surgery, I was a tight size 24p pant, 3X shirt, and 44DD bra.  I am now a 6/8P pant, Medium shirt (sometimes small or large, depending on the brand), and a 34D bra.  I don't really feel any different, just bonier :)  I am overwhelmed when shopping- there are too many choices!!

I still have my hunger (except when I'm very stressed and have no hunger).  I eat every 3-4 hours.  I eat approx 2 ounces of hunger first at my major meals, along with up to .25 cup fruit/veggie.  At "snack" meals, I eat 1-2 ounces protein.  I always eat my protein first at mealtime.  I rarely eat bread, pasta, baked goods.  I do not graze.  I do have sweets if I am craving them.  I log and measure whatever I eat.  There have been a handful of days when I don't log (maybe 10 so far), but I'm not making that a habit.  I eat out occassionaly, but always order a nice protein.

I generally work out 5-6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day.  I take classes like bodypump, spinning and bodyflow.  I use the elliptical and I run. 

The only postop issues I've had are:
- A lot of pain the first 4 days postop
- Hunger never went away
- I've had maybe 6 times where I've had extreme pain after eating.  I think I've found 2 seperate causes for this: avacados, gas.  I don't eat avocados now.  If I start feeling pain after a meal, I take a gas X and the pain goes away.
- If I eat too much of something sugary, I get nausious.

I sometimes get head hunger, I sometimes mourn food, I sometimes mourn being able to binge.  I am very happy that I went through a binge treatment program prior to surgery.

Weightloss hasn't made my life stress free and perfect... I stil have have stress at work, people that make me grumpy, etc.  I still have the same great husband and friends.  I don't feel like friends/strangers treat me differently.  I don't feel like I've changed, and it is surreal that I am less than half my starting size.  I love getting compliments from people, but get annoyed when people who are basically strangeers ask me how much I've lost.   I am open about how I've lost my weight, and see myself as a VSG adocate :)

In summary, I love my sleeve.  I have no regrets at all!!  I have worked hard to be a success, and am happy :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/12 2:27 am
Congratulations! Thanks for the wonderful synopsis of your year! It's really clear how much tracking and being accountable play a part in this journey, isn't it? You are doing so well and I'm so glad that things have gone so well for you this past year! Wishing you the best continued success!
Sleeva
on 4/29/12 2:38 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Thanks for sharing your wonderful progress..pics please.
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

kimbethin
on 4/29/12 2:39 am - CA
Comgratulations!  What a difference hard work and a year makes!  This is not the easy way out and you've done the work to really prove what a good tool vsg is.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
kimberleyann
on 4/29/12 3:12 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Congrats. Great work.

Kevin H.
on 4/29/12 4:02 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats on your success!  No before and after pics?  

moonglo82
on 4/29/12 4:09 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I too would love to see some before and after pics! Our starting stats are very similar, so your post today has really inspired me, since I'm only a month out

Thanks so much for sharing, and great work!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Kabooboo
on 4/29/12 4:17 am
Impressive! I hope that I can do as well as you on my own VSG journey. Our stats are really close also. Thanks for the inspiration.

acbbrown
on 4/29/12 5:11 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Congrats on a wonderful year!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

judyk62
on 4/29/12 6:47 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 Love the way you synopsized the whole year. You should be very proud of yourself! I hope there are many vacations coming your way.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views