X-Post! Hard boiled eggs. How do YOU eat them?

Christa :]
on 4/30/12 3:44 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

I am not a huge egg fan by any means. Never was even before this surgery. Except for hard boiled in my salads and maybe a deviled egg here and there. So my question is, how do you eat your hard boiled eggs? Plain? Salt & pepper? Cream cheese mixed? I want all of these ideas so I can start eating them, but I hate them plain, kind of grosses me out. And how long do they normally last in the fridge after they've been boiled? No one likes to bite into a rotten egg.

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/30/12 3:49 am
I usually just eat the white with some salt and pepper. I'm not a big fan of the yolk of hard boiled eggs (taste & texture). Plus, the white by itself has 4g protein, 0g fat, 0g carbs, and only 17 calories!

But that's just me.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Snowberry
on 4/30/12 3:52 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I'm still eating mushies, so the only way I have them right now is to make egg salad, then puree it.  It tastes like egg salad, but kind of feels like you are eating the middle of a deviled egg.

Next week I can start soft foods.  I plan to eat normal egg salad (not pureed), hard boiled egg whites with a little salt (don't like yolks plain) and deviled eggs made with fat-free Miracle Whip.  My husband scoops out the yolks and puts different dips in the middle of the white...I might try that too.

Shagdoll
on 4/30/12 3:53 am
I've cooked HB eggs to last me the week at work so 5 days is good for me as long as they stay in the fridge of course.
One sleeve friend of mine got me to try my HB egg with a little spread of spicy hummus on top. I've even crumbled a tiny amount of Toscano Pepper Cheese on top of the hummus. Yum!!! Takes the flavor of my little egg to a whole new level. Luv it!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

LunaChic
on 4/30/12 3:59 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 Oooo.  That sounds great.  I recently bought some chipotle pepper hummus.  Might purée that with the whites of a hard boiled egg for breakfast tomorrow.  Thanks for the tip!!

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

on 4/30/12 4:57 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
I will definitely have to try it with some hummus on it!

rhearob
on 4/30/12 3:55 am - TN
 I usually slice them and eat them like chips with salt.  That helps me eat them slower.  I just boil them fresh when I eat them.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

bigmama3
on 4/30/12 3:55 am

i eat my eggs with salsa--Newman's Pineapple Salsa....incredible!  I could eat the salsa out of the jar.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

on 4/30/12 4:58 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
That salsa sounds amazing! I will be looking for it the next time i go to the grocery store. Thanks!

AmberK
on 4/30/12 4:01 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I just eat the egg white plain. I don't add anything cause it I like it plain and figured why add more stuff if I don't have to. But, you may want to figure something out that works for you! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views