2+ Years Post-Op Update

maryposa
on 5/6/12 4:18 pm, edited 5/6/12 4:20 pm - Orange County, CA
  I finally updated my vlog  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRld8zpaXvM 

For those who can't or don't want to go to youtube to watch the vlog:

- I am working too hard and have gotten away from taking care of me, not resting or exercising enough, not preparing meals

- I'm on day three of liquids/yogurt (keeping it simple) and my hunger is already back in control

- I have started my "fun" exercise back up again

- I have been at or around my original goal weight for several months or a year (not sure the exact date) but I'd like to lose 20-30 more lb by Dec 3rd, my next reconstructive surgery date

- My weight always has been and always WILL be a struggle.  My VSG gave me an opportinity to struggle from a much ower weight

- Dr/ Agha did two revisions for me in his office, no extra fee and I LOVE my new neck/chinline

And lots more...

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Feather_Fluff
on 5/6/12 6:39 pm - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 02/15/12
I'm so happy to see someone on here reach, actually surpass the goal weight I have set for myself. Jan 3rd 2012 I was 353, and I have a long way to go before I reach my goal of 160. Don't want to be too skinny, I think a woman should have curves!  You have a beautiful sense of style and a beautiful shape---I'm talking about your before pics as well.  Just how big has your closet grown now that you have achieved such an incredible transformation?  Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration that achieving is possible. 

maryposa
on 5/9/12 12:50 am - Orange County, CA
 Thank you!  Actually I have LESS clothes because my reconstructive surgeries have me in debt, and I don't like that.  But the nice thing is, clothing is cheaper at this size.  I used to shop lane bryant and torrid.  
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Happy966
on 5/6/12 9:32 pm

Way to go!  Such an impressive accomplishment.  I know this will be a lifelong struggle.  Mostly because of my broken food thinking, but this also isn't a society that helps us stay lean and healthy.  Thank you!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

maryposa
on 5/9/12 12:52 am - Orange County, CA
 Thanks!  I have family history and proven/tested metabolic issues so it's more than just broken food thinking for me.  Though I do have a few issues there too.  Double whammy!

Kevin H.
on 5/6/12 10:19 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I just finished watching.  Good luck with the upcoming surgery and you look so pretty 

Wonderful job!  Hope you can make more time for yourself and not work.

maryposa
on 5/9/12 12:52 am - Orange County, CA
 Thank you!  I am trying... it's not easy for me to pull away.  

anninva
on 5/7/12 2:16 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
wow!  great job!  i'm at 16 mos out and slowing down of course, but pleased with where i've gotten to.  i think the hard work starts now since i can feel myself getting back into bad food and bad habits.  hope to do some plastics in about 6 mos!  thanks for the encouragement! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

maryposa
on 5/9/12 12:55 am - Orange County, CA
 Yup!  
That post-op honeymoon sure was nice while it lasted, eh?  Oh, how I miss that hunger-free, in control, set free, excited feeling lol

Lee ~
on 5/7/12 4:05 am - CA
 It's great to see you back.  Don't be a stranger.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views