HELP!!

Eula "Evie" R.
on 5/11/12 11:16 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi All,
I really don't know what is going on with me and I need some help here.

I feel like my stomach does not know when it is full. I have been wanting to eat all the time, just like old times, I am so scared. I loved that feeling of being full and feeling like to me a normal person would feel. I feel like there something eating at me that I can not control..

I been under stress but I should be able to handle it. I hate the feeling of being so much out of control. Have I messed up my sleeve so much that it is as big as my tummy use to be? Can I ever get my sleeve back? I hate using food as my friend.. I am the old me, that I never wanted to ever see again. Loved that freedom. Are they a fast or something I can do to fix this? I am just so heart broken over thinking of losing my sleeve.

Well we will just say I turned to my old ugly friend, I really need some help here. I really haven't gained much weight maybe a 1lb and 1/2. I don't know why. It has really been a lot of eating. A good while now. My insides just seem so nerves. I am not asking for piety just help.

Thank You
God Bless Evie

acbbrown
on 5/11/12 11:25 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Are you in counseling? You need to address these issues about why you turn to food, and really find alternative ways to cope with stress, and boredom, and all the other emotions that make you turn to food. 

I feel like I can eat endless amounts of food sometimes. Im pretty sure I stretched out my stomach. OOPPSS. But, that doesnt give me permission to eat more than my pre-measured amount of food - i still choose to weigh/measure my meals, and limit my quantity, as long as my will power is intact (and sometimes its not and i end up eating more than I should - but its never an excuse to do it again....gotta just keep trying to make healthy choices). 

You need a game plan to get back control - it's not going to happen on its own. It's hard, and when you are stressed about other things, it's even harder, but this is what life is about. Don't just keep spiraling out of control until you feel helpless!

You can do this. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Eula "Evie" R.
on 5/11/12 12:12 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi Acbbrown,
 Thank you very much for caring enough to answering my post. My counselor moved her practice and I haven't tried to fine anyone else that I think could help me. I know I have a problem with food. We live in a very small town and would have to go pretty far to get any help and right now with all that is going on, there is just no way to do that. WW is the only place to go to that for a meeting, I don't know if they would let you join if you have had WLS.

I am limted to do what I can do from having a brow and forehead lift. I worked out at  the gym before and I will go back as soon as I can. That really seemed to help me a lot in every ways. Need to trust more in God.  I have a apt with my Dr next week that helps me with depression, so maybe all is not lost. I am a person that seems to be able to pray for others and over look myself. Well, at least you have given me something to think able and look forward to..Yep, I need to get back to life again.

Thank you God Bless!
Evie

Jackie00
on 5/11/12 11:53 am
You could try Elina's Green Chicken Soup for a few days. I can eat about 3/4 of a cup sometimes about half and I start getting the full feeling. I spent a few days on this soup and can't get as much of it in as I did the first few days.

I plan to go on this soup often, I made two pots of it this week making the second batch a bit bigger so I could freeze some for my lunches at work. It tastes great. The recipe is on her homepage here.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

happyteacher
on 5/11/12 12:15 pm
 I am a binge eater type, and carbs can trigger it for sure.  Perhaps try eliminating carbs for several days and try and notice if the cravings get a little easier to handle.  It is excellent that you are trying to put the brakes on this before significant regain occurs.  Hang in there!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Eula "Evie" R.
on 5/11/12 12:50 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
All I can say is God Bless you! Thank you.
Evie

Dawn Nash
on 5/11/12 2:20 pm - HI
So sorry but hang in there. You can do this.
cyan700
on 5/11/12 2:41 pm - SOUTH, NJ
Hi Evie,

I'm sorry to read about the feelings you're having and what you're going through. Besides the stress, make sure your hormone levels are checked. It's a shame that we all don't have a better gage on this, I think our PCP's should push getting these levels checked; ESPECIALLY for women, and those who lose weight through bariatric surgery. I've read somewhere that fat cells carry hormones, particullary estrogen. So it would seem that ones' hormone levels would be crazy off the charts when losing weight somewhat rapidly.

You may also want to look into a book written by a dietician by the name of Diane Kress called Metabolism Miracle; she also has a recipe guide book that is a great companion to the MM. It may provide the insight you need to deal with what's in front of you right now dietary wise; and will be my dietary Bible as I go through my own revised band/sleeve surgery at the end of this summer.

Lots of luck and blessings to you,

Marcy
PaulaToronto
on 5/13/12 12:57 pm - Toronto, Canada
As suggested I would go back to eating protein first especially dense stuff and cut the carbs.  Weigh out 2-3 ounces and see how you feel after eating only that amount at one time. Have a protein drink to make sure you are getting between 80 and 100 grams per day.  Try drinking water as hunger pangs can often be signs of thirst. You can retrain your stomach with some basic good habits I believe. You can do this.  If you tummy is rumbling maybe you need to go back to a acid reducer.  I went off mine at 4 months out and now find my tummy feels like it is empty and I know it is not.  I have gone back on the acid reducer and it has made a difference.

I had to refocus recently after a 6 week stall.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views