Killer Thai-inspired chicken legs..

INgirl
on 5/14/12 12:05 pm
Had to share. I "wing it" most days, making dinner from whatever I have in my pantry.. this was a throw together like usual, but a REALLY great one!

Thick & meaty chicken legs- skinned, and brined for about 30 mins in a heavy salt brine (optional)

Cooking sauce:
1 can Amy's Organic Thai Coconut Soup
2-3" hunk of ginger, peeled & sliced into bits or shredded
couple tablespoons fish sauce
couple green onions/scallions
3 whole canned jalapenos, de-seeded (I used Good Value brand, was in pantry for a while.. surprisingly good & spicy!!)
some liquid from said canned peppers- oily & spicy!

I whizzed up all the sauce fixins in my blender till totally smooth and a pretty shade of army green.. and poured over top of legs laid out in a pyrex dish.. into 350 degree oven, till done. I flipped once, spooning the green stuff over the top of the legs, cooked until the meat was falling apart tender. 

This was some good stuff!
Krazydoglady
on 5/14/12 12:17 pm - FL
Sounds delish. I'll have to try it.  

I have to say, I love Amy's pretty much everything. If there's something I look wistfully at in the supermarket it's the Amy's frozen foods section.  I could care less about things like chips and cookies, but I do crave Amy's lasagna, etc.  It's just too much carbs and not enough protein to be worthwhile, *sigh*

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

INgirl
on 5/14/12 12:20 pm
True.. I do the same.
I will however someday try the meat-noodle lasagne from scratch. Riffing off of something like this:http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2011/02/easy-protein-noodle- lasagna.html

Not pasta, but oh well. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views