Torani Sugar Free: Aspartame?

moxiecowgirl
on 5/14/12 11:56 pm - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
During this pre-op diet period, I've decided to try and get control of some other nasties in my daily intake.  I've already eliminated caffeiene and carbonation of any sort, drastically reduced my sodium intake, started taking in fewer carbs and more protein, and gone to eating ovo-lacto vegetarian.  It's working well for me so far.  Now, I'm attacking aspartame...I'm looking at you, Crystal Light,  you seductive little packages of poison, you!

I use Mio syrups for my water, but I was thinking about trying SF Torani in my morning greek yogurt, or maybe in coffee.  My question is, does anyone know if they contain aspartame?  My guess would be no, but I want to confirm that if possible.

Also, please feel free to recommend your favorite flavors and/or alternatives.  I love suggestions! 

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

asweetiepye
on 5/15/12 1:27 am
Mine is made with Splenda. I don't really use them often/ at all really. I bought them for some of eggface's protein shake recipes. I don't have a fave yet. The crystal light purevia is good. Also try the walmart knockoff of it it seems to have more flavors. Those lines use stevia as a sweetner.

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
Happy966
on 5/15/12 8:11 am

I love Torani syrups, which I use almost exclusively in coffee.  I drink two cups in the morning, then (usually) an entire pot of decaf in the afternoon, iced.  They are sweetened with Splenda.  My absolute favorite is Salted Caramel, followed by Vanilla Bean.  Peanut butter is growing on me!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active