Hair LOSS

SmallerKenah
on 5/23/12 12:36 pm
VSG on 02/14/12
What should I do to stop the Hair loss?
Could_It_Be
on 5/23/12 12:38 pm
 Not have surgery! Seriously though, no one really knows. There are some great posts about the topic if you search up there in the right corner. Look for Carmelita's post on the topic!!

VSG on 6/22/11
dishawn
on 5/23/12 1:04 pm - CA
 I was told to be sure to take ALL the recommended vitamins because each one contributes to helping your body maintain lost nutrients.
Soccerref
on 5/23/12 1:49 pm
Beside the regular vitamins, I am taking Biotin 5000 mg a day. It's really helps my hair to grow faster & I can tell the different I been taking it before my surgery. Good luck. I hope will help you too.
Thanks,
Soccerref

newme2011-2012
on 5/23/12 2:03 pm
I have not lost any hair. AndI will be 7 months out. Biotin helps with regrowth. Also there is a hair product out called DS laboritories that makes hair growing shamppo , cond, and hair growth simulator that work awesomely..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Lynnww666
on 5/23/12 2:46 pm - Canada
 I think your best friend in this is time. I took basic vitamins but nothing extra or expensive and yes I had hair loss for about three months (kicked in about six weeks after surgery) and I was getting worried alright, but then it slowed and then stopped and now my hair loss is just the normal amount you'd expect in a day instead of brushfuls at a time.
Try to stay healthy and I think this is just a shock response to the surgery as my doc explained it, and once your body gets over that - it can take three to six months - it starts producing hair like normal again.
Good luck!
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/23/12 4:33 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
While you're waiting for your hair to grow back in there's something you can do to feel better about the way it looks. At Sally Beauty Supply (also on eBay and the home shopping channel and undoubtedly elsewhere) you can buy a powder compact in a colour that blends with your hair colour. It comes with a brush and instructions. Basically you use the brush to dab the powder onto your scalp in the thin areas.
It sounds goofy, but it's remarkably effective. I haven't had surgery (yet) but had a problem with severe hair loss from stress last year. A friend brought hers to the Y one day and insisted on using it on me. The difference was amazing!
Being cheap (and not knowing about Sally's) I bought a non-shiny eye shadow in grey/brown and used that - it worked a treat.
The hair WILL come back, but in the meantime you don't have to be depressed every time you look in the mirror.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views