something helpful i've found

Ashley O.
on 5/31/12 3:10 am
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/tools/calorie

Type in your weight, select the activity, and type in how long you plan to do that activity.. and it gives an estimate of how many calories you'll burn.

I just found this and thought it was pretty cool. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

rhearob
on 5/31/12 3:12 am - TN
 This is a standard feature in MyFitnessPal and most food logging journals as well.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

sutherngrl94
on 5/31/12 3:27 am - Raleigh, NC
I added that to my favorites in case I'm curious before a lunchtime walk.  That's pretty neat.

Diana M.
on 5/31/12 5:52 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12
If you've never seen it, there's a little gadget called a bodybugg that sits on your arm that measures how many calories you're burning all the time.  It has all kinds of neat charts and graphs that it will put together, and a food diary so you can keep a running total of intake vs. output, and make sure that you're running at a calorie deficit all the time.
moxiecowgirl
on 5/31/12 5:56 am - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
That's a great tool.  I use MFP and my fitbit page, but  it's always nice to have extra options.

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

Could_It_Be
on 5/31/12 5:58 am
 I **HIGHLY** recommend a heart rate monitor. I used to use all those calculators and went off what the machines told me I was burning.

I got my HRM (A Polar F6) and HOLY COW those estimates were waaaaaaay off!

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active