How passionate are you?

cece58
on 6/2/12 11:37 am - CA
 I got a phone call out of the blue yesterday from an old high school friend. I haven't seen her for almost 37 years. She was one of those friends that was quiet and nice and always kind of in the background. Anyhow, she found me on Facebook and first thing she said was "wow, you look great!" I thanked her and didn't say any more but we talked about getting togeter for lunch. That is when she told me that she was at least 100 lbs heavier than when I last saw her but she was about to start a liquid diet at the hospital so she really couldn't eat. So I asked if she ever has considered weight loss surgery and told her about mine. I know I get really passionate when I talk about it because for me, this was a "no brainer". It was easier than starving myself like I did in the past and it actually worked. I have always considered it the best thing I ever did. I feel that it's important to get yourself healthy and I am really anxious to share what I have learned and what I am discovering. It just seems that many times people make excuses as to why they can't do something. I don't want to ever push anyone into anything, but how do you help a friend without a little push? 
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

trayb17
on 6/2/12 12:01 pm
VSG on 01/05/12
I think seeing is believing. Maybe meet up for a walk or coffee and talk about what's been going on in your lives. Your friend is bound to see how happy you are and will probably ask questions about your surgery and the process you've been through.
Shagdoll
on 6/2/12 4:17 pm
I'm not super open about my surgery but I'm not ashamed of it. If someone asks me flat out or if I feel comfortable to tell them then yes, I am open about it. Personally I just don't think I need to announce it to everyone who comments on my weight loss but I have already talked some people into looking into WLS for themselves. I do want to help people & I will mention it on my own if I feel like someone can benefit from it or if they seem very interested on how I lost a lot of weight.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active