What happens if you eat cookies and drink diet coke? REGAIN PICS

Pura Vida
on 6/4/12 7:48 am - Costa Rica
 Just in case you missed my many posts, I had a 29lb regain between years 2 and 3. Why? because I was eating cookies and washing them down with diet coke. All the things you shouldn't do. I was also diagnosed with severe anemia Ferritin was a 3, along with low thyroid. I would love to blame the weight gain on the thyroid, but let's be real...I had stopped tracking my food, stopped drinking protein shakes because I didn't think they were "worth the money" and just basically trying to live as a "normie' when the truth is I am still an emotional, compulsive eater.

I decided last October when I tipped the scales at 170...ouch, that I better get serious about my tool. I started by buying the protein powder and cutting out the M&Ms (they go down so easy, I was eating 2-3 packs a day), eating dense proteins and tracking. 

Then I decided that where I lived was not healthy for me and that I had no healthy friends with healthy habits and that I would need to change my environment. So in January, we moved to a new town that is famous for its healthy population. NOT ONE SINGE OBESE PERSON in the whole town, and I am not kidding. I wanted some of what they were having!

So for the last 6 months I have been working out, eating clean most of the time, doing yoga and working on my head. I am happy to announce that I have made it back to my original goal of 145!

I want to give anyone hope that is fighting a regain, that you can lose it, but it will be ALOT of hard work, no honeymoon, kinda like a marriage.

So here goes, this is me, should've slapped on some makeup, but I am sure you are looking at my arms anyway...hahahaha

This is the first time I hit goal!

This is during my regain, about 160

And here I am this week, WOO HOO!!

Shagdoll
on 6/4/12 8:00 am
Wow!! Thank you for posting these pics! You look great!
Was getting back to basics again (shakes & dense protein) fairly easy since being sleeved & being further out than a lot of us?
Thanks again,

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Pura Vida
on 6/4/12 10:53 am - Costa Rica
 Jenn,

I think the mechanics work the same no matter how far out you are. If you eat dense protein and track your food, it is not too hard to maintain. I still have restriction. I had a 36F, so I don't believe sleeve size was my "problem"

The problem for me was that I had not worked on my emotional eating problems and then I hit a rough patch and turned to food for comfort, instead of something healthier.

Could_It_Be
on 6/4/12 8:05 am
 Rock on sister!

VSG on 6/22/11
INgirl
on 6/4/12 8:14 am
Cool pics, thanks for putting those out there!
RyanJS
on 6/4/12 8:34 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
Wheres the whistle at when you need it? :P

You looks amazing. Great job!!!!

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Krazydoglady
on 6/4/12 8:35 am - FL
You go girl!  Way to show you can get back to goal by going back to basics!

Low iron makes low thyroid worse. They go hand in hand. While they may not have been the cause, they probably didn't help!

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

EliseG
on 6/4/12 9:30 am - MA
You look beautiful in all your pics! Congrats on getting back to goal

janielynne
on 6/4/12 9:54 am
Thanks for this post.  I have been struggling to get my last 15 -20 off...I will follow your lead and go back to basics...

frisco
on 6/4/12 10:34 am
Congrats!!!!

Thanks for keepin it real !!!!

and ur Cute!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active