Blood pressure up date and more

Pobearsam7
on 6/5/12 1:40 am
I had posted a few days my blood pressure was up and I was worried... Well luckily I saw my cardiologist today and it was w/in normal range.. He did increase one of mess to ensure that it remains normal. He also said my potassium was a little low and eat a banana every day.
But I would have to say this forum has been very helpful and I've learned so much and I have been inspired by some of the stories and the weight loss success everyone has had so far.
I started my journey at 299 jan 2012 and now I'm 279 as of today.... My vsg is 6/27
It was a rough journey getting to where I'm at...staying focus on a daily plan w/eating right and exercising as I was going through pre op and all the requirements... I'm pretty proud of myself for hanging in there when I could have given up as I learned I had sleep apnea and high blood pressure in march 2012... But just logging on daily realizing that there are ppl who have been successful on this forum has motivated me even more!!!
Ok enough rambling
Mom78
on 6/5/12 2:29 am
VSG on 02/10/12
Thats great the blood pressure is under control.

One suggestion, find something that you love besides banana's for the potassium.  Red peppers, sweet potatos (I ate these in the mushies stage), and spinach are excellent sources.  Banana's are really high in sugar and calories.

Keep charging through, you will do great!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Pobearsam7
on 6/5/12 2:53 am
Thanks for the info!!! I didnt know that about peppers.. I do plan on finding more healthy veggies that I can eat to help boost my potassium levels. I did see something about orange juice being a good source of potassium but I stopped drinking it in January due to the sugar content
ashwarren
on 6/5/12 3:56 am
An even better source of potassium is V8.  The low sodium version tastes great and per your surgeon's plan, may be able to be included on your 2 week liquid diet if cut with some water.  They are usually worried about the acid in it. 
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
Most Active