Bored 16 days out

SleevedPrissy1
on 6/5/12 12:26 pm - OK
 Im still on puréed have been for three days. I want boiled eggs so bad!! But my vsg bible says not till 5 weeks po. I'm only 16 days. I don't understand y I can't purée the eggs... Does anyone know why and if it will bother anything??. I'm so scared to eat still even pureed..

also another question. Does anyone or did anyone else feel pressure in chest even a while after eating? Is this normal?

thanks in advance!!

ND2BTHN
on 6/5/12 12:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 It's not recommended to eat eggs early out because it is very dry and difficult to get down. Mayonaisse made me feel sick, and I was actually forbidden to use mayo in my plan. This is where food lube comes in. Basically I would use gravy or thickened mushroom soup as a lube base when I was in the pureed stage. It gave me more variety, with something liquified to help it go down. Definitely don't want any sticky chunks, that will require a drink to get it down, and eggs tend to do that.

I get the pressure in the chest while eating and sometimes after. it is usually from eating too quickly, and air gets trapped in there. The feeling goes away once the air bubbles work there way out, after 10 mins or so.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
CandieHearts
on 6/5/12 2:47 pm - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
I was put on pureed foods on day 7. In my nut book It is recommended to do eggs. I make soft scrabled eggs, use 1tbsp of milk and whip

I would put in food process with a little cheese and chew yoru 3o times!

Good Luck!

SassyItalian
on 6/5/12 9:13 pm, edited 6/5/12 9:14 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
eggs can sometimes feel heavy in your stomach, but some people are fine with them. i think i had scrambled eggs about 14 days out, with cheese.

a purree is a purree, i dont see why you cant have eggs either, honestly.

alot of people say they get a pressure in the chest feeling, sometimes from eating too quickly or extra air. go very slow when you eat, and only eat the pre-measured portion or less ie 1 tablespoon at a sitting. dont go until you feeel that heavy feeling,

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

slatond
on 6/6/12 12:57 am
I am only 9 days post-op but I had egg drop soup @  Chinese rest. I didn't eat the egg out of it just the broth part but I think that might take care of your egg craving if you want to try it???

mysparky
on 6/7/12 12:42 am - West Hartford, CT
I was allowed to eat egg drop soup by week 3 and I think I made it almost every day! 
Most Active