Do I look like a WLS candidate STILL???

maryposa
on 6/11/12 4:31 pm - Orange County, CA
 Maybe I am over-reacting  but, at my WLS support group a woman I've never met before asked me "did you have your surgery yet?"

WTH??????????? When I answered with a shocked, straight-faced and rather curt "yes" she asked "oh, when?" when????? march two-thousand-effing-ten, g-dammit!!!!!!!!!!    

I am at my personal goal, not obese (under BMI of 30), nowhere near qualifying for surgery, can't fit in a single item at Lane Bryant and this woman wasn't sure if I had my WLS yet ???????????????????????????????

OMG I was soooooooo mad. I mean.... UG! WTHFFFFFFF 
   I didn't want to cause a scene so I got up and walked away for a few.

I think a dear woman sitting nearby overheard and heard my curt responses and saw my face as I walked by because on my way back she smiled at me and said "you look great!" what an angel... 

OK, so I said I know I am probably over-reacting, but....    
If I am honest with myself, the reason I am SO upset is because I fear that I am still way too fat.

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

doggz109
on 6/11/12 4:38 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
You do look great!  Only you can decide what is perfect for you and if you feel you are there then "f" em. 
maryposa
on 6/11/12 4:44 pm, edited 6/11/12 4:44 pm - Orange County, CA
 Thanks... I know I am not SKINNY and I don't aim to be.  However, to think that someone could fathom that I would qualify for WLS at THIS point really really got to me.

She had lapband and if I had to guess I'd say she was a good 90lb heavier than I am and a year out.  It's not like a size 0 who thought I am still too fat was saying that.  Just saying, because when I was heavier, I thought people who were overweight were normal weight.  
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

maryposa
on 6/11/12 4:41 pm, edited 6/11/12 4:42 pm - Orange County, CA
 PS.... since I don't post allot here anymore, for reference....

this is really blurry, I snapped it a few days ago in my surgeon's office (I don't have a full length mirror at home) and he knocked on the door as I was taking it and I jerked my hand lol oops

Anyway... seriously????....

Photobucket

Dawnie 88
on 6/11/12 8:33 pm
i would have been very upset and acted the same as you did. what a crazy lady for asking you that..you look gorgeous!!

Kevin H.
on 6/11/12 9:13 pm, edited 6/11/12 11:20 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 You are gorgeous and I love watching your video's on youtube.  You've done awesome Mary!  Some people are just really ignorant of life in general and have no common sense.  Don't let it get to you sweetheart.

vogue
on 6/11/12 10:37 pm
VSG on 08/30/12
my guess is the woman did not master proper grammar and didnt do well in language arts class.

Sorta like trying to tell a pregnant woman she has not gained a lot of weight by saying 'you have the baby this year?'

sadly, I hear comments like this from folks who dont realize their point was not communicated properly.

Crabadams72
on 6/11/12 10:59 pm - Silver Spring, MD
You are beautiful. I'm sorry that her comment hurt you, it's hard to deal with a lot of insecurities following WLS. Please don't let her comment make you feel bad about your progress. She was jealous and trying to make you feel bad.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

jenngirl
on 6/11/12 11:03 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
You look fabulous. Do not let someone else's ignorance bring you down. You are going to have haters.

On the other hand, maybe she honestly wasn't paying attention to your size and it was her first visit or her first time seeing you there. Some people are VERY oblivious to other people, they live in their own little bubble and are vaugely aware of the existence of others.

I don't know how she could have made that mistake by looking at you....yes i do, wait, she wasn't looking at you because she was BLIND. Those are the only explanations I have. I am running out of excuses for this idiot.

YOU LOOK GREAT. HOLD YOUR HEAD UP AND DON'T  LET IT GET TO YOU!
Lina P.
on 6/11/12 11:11 pm - Bolton, Canada

Mary, you were a big help to me before my surgery. I love watching your youtube vids especially since I was going to the very same hospital.
I never got a chance to thank you for that. Thank you!

Some people spew their verbal diarrhea without an off switch. Honestly, just chalk it up to plain old jealousy cause you look fan-friggen-tabulous!

Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views