Can I get some sample food ideas and menus for after surgery?

grn_eyz74
on 6/13/12 10:12 am - TX
VSG on 01/31/15
Hey everyone. I am still pre surgery but I was wondering if yall might be able to share with me some of your favorite foods to eat (post surgery), and some menu ideas as well and how much.

Not from the mushy or liquid stage but after all that but still in the losing phase. I would like to start training my body to eat like this before surgery so it won't we such a shock to me afterwards.

Also, I was wondering if you can share the list of important things to go by everyday like; 

Protein
Veggies
Carbs,
Water intake
Avoid sugars, and sodium???? or what is acceptable?

etc and how much of each we should try to hit or keep it under.

Just trying to get healthy before I need to, to ease into it after the surgery is all done with and not have to wait to find out all of this from the doctor :), so I can show him I have done my research.

Thanks ya'll, I think everyone is doing wonderful and am so amazed by how everyone is doing!
Good luck on everyones weight loss efforts!!!!!!!!!!!! 
~Susan~ 

Mom78
on 6/13/12 11:24 am
VSG on 02/10/12
theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

Check out this website, awesome!

I track protein and calories, carbs are the last thing for me since I'm getting protein in I don't have room for the bad carbs!

Water I suck at still, but ya have to shoot for 64+.

I would recommend starting the chewables vitamins ahead of time, the taste was horrible because of the anesthesia.  Wish I would have taken them before.

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Crabadams72
on 6/13/12 12:14 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Comb through the threads there is a daily "whatcha eating today VSG'ers" and people post what they eat. Your nutritionist will probably give you a guide also.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views