6 month surgiversary!!!

MargeAD
on 6/17/12 2:46 pm - CA
 6 months ago today I began a journey to change my life.  Although some things were expected (I have lost 79 lbs, 4 dress sizes & two BMI categories) others were not.  

It is interesting this self empowerment that comes from taking my life back.  I have done things I would never have done a half a year ago. I am no longer operating on fear.  I auditioned for a play at the professional theater in Palm Springs & rocked them!    I went to the thrift store and bought some shorts.  I stopped being afraid that I might be fired at work and set some boundaries for my time and health so I am not working 80 hours a week.  I applied for a new job and blew them away in my interview.

At first my surgery represented hope.  Hope that I would no longer live encased in the prison I had made for myself inside my skin.  As I began to have success, my confidence has grown.  I realize that I do have control over my life. I have control over my body.  I have control over my eating.  I am not weak.  I am strong.  Some people who lose weight become obnoxious and self centered. I haven't noticed that nor have the people who know me the best.  What I have noticed is an inner strength and peace that I did not know I had.    I am truely blossoming.  Life is good.  

I am 6 months and at about the halfway point in my weightloss.  I can't wait to see what comes next!

RidgebackMom
on 6/17/12 2:55 pm - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
 What a heart lifting story ... You've made an amazing start in your new life,  congratulations --continued success :-)
Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

VeronicaJ5
on 6/17/12 3:09 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Way to go marge!
Amibennett
on 6/17/12 3:25 pm - Washougal, WA
VSG on 06/28/12
Congrats on your success! I begin my journey 6/28
Mulebunny
on 6/17/12 4:33 pm - WA
 So eloquently stated. Hope came back into my life when I began researching bariatric surgery. Specifically the VSG. Before that I was committing passive suicide. I went about my day, getting by, but I was not living. Just taking charge of my health and deciding to have the VSG has been very empowering already. Even more so when my insurance said they would not cover the VSG and I decided that I was going to find a way. My date is set for July 14th. There is a calm confidence within me at this time that with every pound released I know will only blossom.
Thank you for posting. And congratulations on living your life with self worth.
Missey J.
on 6/17/12 5:14 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
Congrats !!!

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Michael L.
on 6/17/12 6:03 pm - Fall River, MA
That is Awesome!!!! Congrats!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Kevin H.
on 6/17/12 9:55 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Remarkable!!!  Well done 

Most Active